Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
146 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 146

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 »

Re: Warren July 25, 2009
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

yesterdaysradio
See User information
I was hoping to meet some packardinfo members. I was there Monday through Sunday. I knew the posted names but not the faces. Maybe next year.
jerry

Posted on: 2009/7/26 15:19
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Jerry -

As a working class stiff, I could only attend Saturday, for the all-Packard show on the South Lawn of the Music Hall, and Randy's fine '56 Four Hundred has become the de facto meeting point for us. Did you stop by there?

I hurt my back a few weeks back, and it's still bothering me a bit. So, I spent most of the day camped out behind Randy's car. Owen_Dyneto, Ole Book and friend John Harley spent some time there. Packard53 came down from the mountains of PA again for a few hours, and mlgrimes and paulg3 stopped by to say "Hi". I caught Pac-manDon on his way in, and he gave me the heads-up on an S-P meet in OH coming up next month, which I'll post in another thread. Late in the day, I met frederickr, whose '56 Clipper Custom hardtop had been parked only a couple of cars away. I also got to meet several newcomers to the Packard fold who had not heard of P'Info, but will be checking it out soon.

It was a blustery day, but much drier and better-attended than the wash-out of 2006. Having been in the hobby for over three decades, I don't go as much to see the cars anymore, as I do to meet up with some of the fine fellows that I've met online and talk Packards.

It sure is nice to see how this site has helped get more Packards back out in circulation.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 17:39
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Despite some not-so-perfect weather, Warren was pretty outstanding for the Thursday thru Saturday evening that I was there. Spent considerable time with Randy Berger whose hospitality and generosity with chairs, snacks, cold drinks, entertainment and introductions to passers-by was unsurpased. Thanks Randy! Met dozens of Packard folks I've know for years, but also met some PIinfo folk for the first time - BH and father, 49Packard, John Shireman, and Paul Gallagher (PG3?), and saw Jerry Vinarcik (Yesterday's Radio) several times but never managed to button-hole him. Nice to finally connect faces to screen names.

Friday's driving tour thru the bucolic countryside was great, a stop at Gene Tareshawty's superb Darrin collection and showroom was breath-taking, + a deluxe catered hot lunch. Then on to Don Hanlon's large and varied collection including quite a few Packards. His 1941 160DE convertible sedan in Chicory green was recently a 99.75 point CCCA car, and was driven over 200 miles to the show to boot. Who was the guy on here that said you can't drive a show car? "Bus" service between Don's garage and home included the use of his 1929 633 limo - who could pass that up!

I'd guess there were about 40 Packards in the 1937 "showroom", from sixes to twelves, all body styles plus a few customs. And perhaps another 75 or perhaps even more Packards on the show field.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 17:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Yes Brian my grandson and I came down from the mountains for a few hours for an enjoyable Saturday to spend with fellow Packardinfo people.

I took over three hundred pictures and will be sending BigKev a dvd of the pictures I took so that he can post for all to enjoy. For those who view the pcitures just remember I am not the best picture taker in the world.

One of the big reasons I came this year was becasue of the 1937 showroom. I wanted my grandson to see this and indeed he realy enjoyed it. I would say that half the pictures I took are of the showroom and in the museum.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/7/26 18:08
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Paul Cornwell and his family also made the trip from Las Vegas to Warren. They visited folks in Wisconsin and then traveled thru Pa and showed up at Warren. A lot of folks would not like Paul's modifications, but it is his car and it is unique. A 1956 Executive with Caribbean hood and Caribbean hardtop interior. Running a 3-speed with overdrive and the shifting done via the pushbutton control. Many other mods too numerous to mention. Ingenious fellow with the ability to put his plans into production.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 22:19
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
Many other mods too numerous to mention. Ingenious fellow with the ability to put his plans into production.

Randy, I think that is an understatement. Some of his work is detailed on Craig's Panther project sitehttp://www.1956packardpanther.com/PaulProject.html and is really quite something.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 22:35
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

yesterdaysradio
See User information
BH,
I don't know Randy or his car. I would have loved to talk to packardinfo people. Many suggestions for my car came from packardinfo.I guess they don't know who I am. I only have about 25 posts.

Owen,
We are glad you enjoyed the lunch at Gene's. My wife worked with Jim and Gene setting it up. Carol Mauck of Packards International handled the tickets at the meet. More people wanted to go but space was limited. Gene set up Dan's collection. I think everyone enjoyed the afternoon.

Jerry

Posted on: 2009/7/27 7:20
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Jerry -

Sorry, I though you would have recognized Randy's '56 Four Hundred from his avatar image here. It's been THE place for P'Info folk to stop by since 2007, when BigKev made it out.

Posted on: 2009/7/27 7:32
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Jerry, sorry you didn't recognize my car. Any time you see that 400 come over and give me a poke in the ribs. Always glad to talk Packards (or trains). I'm going to try and make the S-P meet at Summit in Ohio. Maybe we'll see you there.

Posted on: 2009/7/27 8:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Having met Paul in person a few years ago, I have to say that he is an amazing individual with talents far beyond most people, including me. When I rode in his '56 Exec, he took us out on a deserted stretch of road in Pahrump, Nv. and let the hammer down. This was when it was a 4 speed T10, still shifted with the pushbuttons. Let's just say that it would HAUL when those two Edelbrock's opened up and I was having the time of my life riding in that car!

Attach file:

jpg  (33.17 KB)
34_4a6da61f0e399.jpg 635X374 px

Posted on: 2009/7/27 8:05
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved