Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
159 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 157

moodydavid16, Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

Re: 56 - 400 - Parting
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jules629
See User information
Quote:

BDeB wrote:
Power seat actuator and motor

Thanks B. I probably should of been able to figure that out. Cheers.

Posted on: 2023/11/1 19:09
 Top  Print   

Re: 56 - 400 - Parting - Skirts
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jules629
See User information
Thought I'd list a few specific items to see if there's any interest. Will start with the skirts.
Pair without trim - one junk. Other usable, $12.
Pair with trim, very usable. Will need some metal work on the lips due to rust. End trims pitted, but straight. One has some road rash. Center long pieces in excellent condition. No dings. $45. And of course + shipping. More pics upon request.
Cheers.

Posted on: 2023/11/3 21:37
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jules629
See User information
I know this isn't the place to post this. Just didn't want to start a new thread just for a single pic.
Ran across this in a small town outside of Kansas City over the weekend. This is parked behind a functioning funeral home. I'm sure it could tell stories.
53ish? Cheers.

Attach file:

jpg  Funeral.jpg (131.94 KB)
226494_6548ea71eaf5e.jpg 640X853 px

Posted on: 2023/11/6 8:30
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

PackRat56
See User information
Looking for both of the door flippers or door flaps
Stainless trim, upper and lower on passenger front fender & pass. door
rear trunk trim, "V" and ring especially
driver door side mirror
thank you for your time

Posted on: 2023/11/6 13:51
1956 Packard 400
1956 Super Clipper
1950 Lincoln Cosmopolitan
1947 Hudson pickup
1954 Kaiser Manhattan
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jules629
See User information
I can help with some of that. I'll message you.

Posted on: 2023/11/6 19:53
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

Jules629 wrote:
I know this isn't the place to post this. Just didn't want to start a new thread just for a single pic.
Ran across this in a small town outside of Kansas City over the weekend. This is parked behind a functioning funeral home. I'm sure it could tell stories.
53ish? Cheers.

Surprising to see a commercial car in such good condition not owned by a collector. Maybe the business owner is one though and the car is used for publicity etc.

I will be first to defer to others on Henneys since I don't know how closely they followed Packard styling cues. If Henney did follow yearly styling changes then I would guess a 51 or 52 as the year. The huge chrome gravel shield looks to be the same item used on senior cars of those years and I don't see the small bumper bars that were added to tops of bumpers to increase mass or the side grill extension piece that wraps around the front edge of fender. The extra chrome pieces were both introduced in the 53 facelift.

Posted on: 2023/11/7 12:26
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The 1951-1954 Henneys didn't have extra height added to the front as the 1948-1950s did. No need as they were well proportioned as it was with the new Richard Arbib styling.

From a distance, the stone guards look the same as those found on the Patrician but they are not. First, they are cast in bronze (a plater told me that my 1951's were cast iron but my 1952's were definitely bronze) but also, they are two piece. The little louver section is on the rear fender and held on by chromed screws from the outside while the guard itself is on the door and held by bolts on the inside. These same pieces were used from 1951 through 1953 even though on the 1953 Patrician, they had a different look.

The rear bumper also looks the same as the Patrician but it is wider with a 5" or so section welded into the center. Even with that section added it nearly touches the fenders where it wraps around. The rear wheel spacing on these is far wider than the front making going around tight corners in a parking lot something of a challenge especially with the 156" wheelbase and three tons of weight! My 1952 was 6,200 pounds.

My guess from what little I can see of the hood ornament is that it is a 1952 and if so, it looks identical to my 1952 Nu-3-Way when I first bought it. Even the draperies are the same.

Posted on: 2023/11/7 14:06
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jules629
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
Surprising to see a commercial car in such good condition not owned by a collector. Maybe the business owner is one though and the car is used for publicity etc.

I have to make several trips past this car in the next few weeks. I'll attempt to get some close-up pics, and perhaps some background. I've thumbed through the latest edition of "Funeral Home Ethics" There doesn't seem to be a chapter on knocking on their door to ask if I can look at their hearse. Seems I'm in new territory.

Posted on: 2023/11/7 19:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I've done it before and funny how fast their demeanor changes. From quiet, morose, somber to very friendly and talkative almost in one breath!

Posted on: 2023/11/7 21:52
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jules629
See User information
Quote:

Packard Don wrote:
I've done it before and funny how fast their demeanor changes. From quiet, morose, somber to very friendly and talkative almost in one breath!

Makes sense. An opportunity to step out of their very disciplined positions.

Posted on: 2023/11/7 22:39
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved