Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
222 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 220

David Timberlake, Kevin, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Re: Server Issues
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
Hey! I know that place! It's 3-5 miles away. That's the amphitheater in Warren, right?...

Yes, in Warren and thereabouts according tohttp://www.artgally.com/brendacohen/.

"...Spectacle of Speed: Goddess of Speed: I Rise. 2007. Sponsored by Sky Bank (later Huntington). Purchased at auction by Huntington Bank and donated to Trumbull Art Gallery. Currently on view at TAG, Warren, Ohio..."

Posted on: 2011/1/20 6:21
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
Anyone one remember 300 baud modems? ... How things have changed.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gsNaR6FRuO0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Posted on: 2011/1/20 6:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
I remember accoustic couplers for analoug telephone recievers connected to dumb terminals that resemble a teletype machine...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ychSsyn4xPs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Posted on: 2011/1/20 6:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
To me it is amazing how quickly we become spoiled by rapid page loads and fast download service. When a page load takes tens of seconds to load instead of just a few, it seems like a lifetime. How quickly we forget the download times of dial-up connections. We are cursed by our blessings. Thanks to all who have restored our curse.

(o{i}o)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X9dpXHnJXaE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Posted on: 2011/1/20 6:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
One of the "Goddess" statutes was on display at the Texas Packard Meet in Salado last year. They were made of fiberglass, decorated by various artists, displayed around Warren, and auctioned off as a fund raiser. Santa Fe had its horses and Austin its guitars - similar to Warren and its goddesses. Letting my mind wander, I wonder what subjects other cities would use if they wanted to copy the practice? Think about it, but no too hard: Seattle - the Space Needle, Washington D.C. - the Capitol, St. Louis - the Arch, Los Angeles - ???, Cleveland - ???, Detroit - ???

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/1/20 12:09
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Back to the topic at hand.......

I had them relocate the entire website virtual server to another physical node with less resource hungry neighbors. This should help to give us some breathing room and get us off that physical node which has had issues in the past.

The relocation happened late last night, so most except of a little bit of down time, no one should have realized it was even happening.

Posted on: 2011/1/20 14:14
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
The winner is and the correct answer goes to to Howard for Charlie Wilson. Although we were all ultimately the losers.

Gerd, remind me next week please if I don't send you a couple of weather gods at work during an air show I was going to put up for you last summer. Thanks for the W Wilson links.

And to keep it Packard topic; if you are planning on coming to the Geneseo Air Show this July, bring your Packard for the classic car show- this gets you and one guest into the air show for free. East Grand Packards brought some gorgeous cars last year. Bring yours.

Posted on: 2011/1/20 14:48
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
"Geneseo Air Show this July" Is that in Nashville Tennessee????

Posted on: 2011/1/20 17:38
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Keith, unfortunately not. It is in Geneseo NY.

Click to see original Image in a new window

That's to turn the Air Show into a server issue.

Posted on: 2011/1/21 20:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
So pressing F11 might spawn an airplane? Hasn't worked yet but i'll keep trying.

Posted on: 2011/1/21 23:47
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved