Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
157 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 157

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 362 363 364 (365) 366 367 368 ... 498 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jason75
See User information
Packard 1955 Clipper 3 sd with od - seems like a sweet price!

https://hanford.craigslist.org/cto/d/hanford-packard-1955-clipper-sedan/7066307843.html

Posted on: 2020/2/4 21:14
1951 200 Deluxe Sedan Valiant Green Metallic
Vehicle #:2462 8372
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
That DOES seem 'priced to sell' Jason, - wish I was in the market! Chris.

Posted on: 2020/2/5 17:17
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
I've looked at that ad several times. Beautiful looking car. But for me......while probably many will not agree......the "coil and leaf springs" part is a deal-breaker for me. Sigh.

Posted on: 2020/2/5 18:23
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jason75
See User information

Posted on: 2020/2/5 19:22
1951 200 Deluxe Sedan Valiant Green Metallic
Vehicle #:2462 8372
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
'52 Packard Mayfair.

Seller has it listed as a '53 but the numbers are for a '52. Excellent interior, rough exterior. Hasn't run in 20 years. I'm waffling between making an offer on it. I've always liked Mayfair's. Probably not the right time for me though.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/bellingham-1953-packard-mayfair/7067524356.html

Posted on: 2020/2/6 11:23
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
That's the same one posted here a couple dats ago which has the five per side scoops on the rear fenders when there should be three or four.

Posted on: 2020/2/6 12:56
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
What would a 'realistic' offer be on a car like that??? I always hate it when the seller leaves that completely blank. Chris

Posted on: 2020/2/6 14:33
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Well I offered him $1,500 because of how much work it's going to take to get it back in shape. He said he's had multiple offers of $3,000. I have no idea what is fair for something like this. I like that the interior is in good shape, but the paint is destroyed. With the paint flaking off like that it makes me think it's in a very damp environment, which means likely rust elsewhere. The engine is the wrong color and it looks like there is some interesting work that was done to it (upper radiator hose and blue parts??).

Don - I guess I missed that previous posting. Yes, the 5 scoops are kind of odd.

Posted on: 2020/2/6 14:59
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
KevinPackard, maybe that's WHY guys like this seller leave the price blank, as I was thinking $5000-$6500 would be more where the cutting line would be on this car. Of course, those like yourself, with more experience and a more discerning view than I have, see the anomalies and the red flags. Personally, I thought the peeling paint might have been from a repaint that wasn't properly prepared, but if that is original colour coming off then you're right - probably a whole different 'kettle of crawdads'. I know there is a guy here in my small town in Canada that has a 58 Pontiac sitting outside in his yard and he CLAIMS he has turned down $5000CDN (+/-$3700US) for it, and MY take was 'are you nuts!?!?' - I wouldn't give him $300 for the rust-bucket! Sometimes it is a case of just not knowing market value of a given automobile and others, a totally distorted misperception of true dollar value. Chris.

Posted on: 2020/2/6 15:19
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Chris - I hardly have any experience, but looking at the pictures I see dollar signs adding up in my head. 1K for tires, several thousand for paint, who knows what needs to be done on the engine and transmission, etc, etc. There are nice driver-quality Mayfair's that go for 10-15K occasionally, and this car could easily cost that much or more to get to that level. I counter-offered $3100 but haven't heard back. Not sure what others are offering now, but any more than that is too rich for my blood. I'd rather save up and get one that's in much better shape that I don't have to rebuild.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2020/2/6 18:24
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 362 363 364 (365) 366 367 368 ... 498 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved