Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
101 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 100

John Wogec, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 45 46 47 (48)

Re: Resurrecting a 1951 Henney-Packard Parts Car
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Perhaps a brass bore brush could be used to clean any threads without damaging them?

I would imagine something like this chucked up in a handheld drill should be able to clear away rust or deposits.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 4/1 13:04
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Yes, I had thought of that but it would be a half-day wasted going clear into town as it's so very rural and far away from even paved roads where I am. Maybe, though, my brother has one as he has about anything! I asked for his help today so I'll also ask him to bring one if he has it. I think a steel brush would be better as and do a better job there is no chance of damaging the block. If he has a stout piece of plywood to lay across the fenders for me to perch on, that would help too.

Update: he just texted back that he has a new unused brush set.

Posted on: 4/1 13:18
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I only suggested brass as that may be a little more gentle on threads.

Posted on: 4/1 13:23
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Although I didn’t work on the car itself today, I did borrow my brother’s rotary wire brush set. I also found a couple old studs laying around but they too appear to be the rolled thread type and no way to run a die nut on them due to the hardness of the material.

What I did do was to make a platform which should help some of the work under the hood. I ran out of energy to put in one of the corner supports and I want to also be sure that most of the weight is on the fenders and radiator frame rather than on the area where it is close to the grille. I’ll add a couple c-clamps at the back corners too to be sure it stays put.

Posted on: 4/1 21:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I realized a couple days ago that I had accidentally installed a Carter fuel filter into this car when it should have AC so I pulled an NORS one from stock. This one being a bit newer has a replaceable paper filter so my question is, can it be replaced with the original ceramic type along with adding the spring that keeps it pressed upward? I don’t want to open it up and risk damaging the seal so am hoping that someone here might recognize it and know from their own experience.

Posted on: 4/4 23:19
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 45 46 47 (48)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved