Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
88 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 16 »

Re: 56 Patrician bought off ebay
Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
TWO DOOR VEHICLES- POWER DOOR LOCKS

If I recall correctly it is not possible to fit Packard power door locks to a 2 door vehicle. On a 4 door vehicle the window glass and tracks stop far short of the rear edge of the inner door. On the hardtops and convertibles whose door and quarter windows meet, the door glass and tracks go nearly to the back edge of the door. There is no room for the solenoid, thus power door locks cannot be fitted.

The brochure says "four door cars", the parts book lists only four door cars. It may be possible to remotely mount aftermarket solenoids or even Packard solenoids, never gave it a thought until now.

Posted on: 2011/4/17 19:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Interesting, Fred. Yet the Stu Blond article which indicates power door locks on one Carib was supposedly taken from build slip data which I believe is still in the Roscoe Stelford collection so I guess he could confirm that if he sees this post. Sure would be nice to see that particular Caribbean now, if it in fact survived.

PS - Hmmmm...... I've just reviewed that summary of build slips by Stuart and CAN NOT find the one with door locks. I guess I've had it wrong right along. Sorry folks - write it off to senility.

I did however find the fitted with rear seat radio speakers, 5699 #s 1019 & 1197.

Posted on: 2011/4/17 19:38
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I can't say if the factory ever did it but I did put them on my Caribbean HT. Been a lot of years but don't recall having to fabricate anything--but not out of the question either.

Posted on: 2011/4/17 19:47
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
"fitted with rear seat radio speakers, 5699 #s 1019 & 1197"

That somehat begs the question:
Where were the rear seat speakers mounted????

Posted on: 2011/4/17 19:58
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I've asked that question several times before. Don't know where the speaker was fitted, don't know where they fitted the fade switch, and from my most recent listing neither car is known to have survived.

Perhaps equally curious is the only one fitted with factory seat belts (#1021), it apparently has not survived either.

UPDATE: Consulted a more recent roster of 5699s, looks like all 3 have been located and survive. Perhaps in a spare moment I'll call one of the owners and see if I can get pictures of thre rear speaker installation.

Now maybe we should let this thread return to it's original topic - sorry for the detour.

Posted on: 2011/4/17 20:03
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I can think of two places the factory might have put the fader switch. Without AC, where that control would normally go to L of radio. With AC (if it ever was installed in a convertible), to the right between radio and clock where KevinAZ has that mystery hole in his dash. The speaker location will be interesting to know.

Returning would be too much like proper etiquette. Maybe Randy would like a rear seat speaker in his new Caribbean so we'll give him options on his Patrician thread.

Posted on: 2011/4/17 20:16
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The same analysis of the build slips shows 15 converrtibles with factory A/C.

Randy, are you forgiving us for taking your thread on a cross-country tour?

Posted on: 2011/4/17 20:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

56executive
See User information
some interesting 5687 build sheets

Attach file:

jpg  (139.69 KB)
1052_4dabae74cc2e0.jpg 1120X896 px

jpg  (147.24 KB)
1052_4dabae86e5180.jpg 1120X896 px

jpg  (89.01 KB)
1052_4dabaebfa95e7.jpg 1120X896 px

jpg  (126.55 KB)
1052_4dabaed2d78d8.jpg 1120X896 px

jpg  (104.85 KB)
1052_4dabaee26a7ae.jpg 1120X896 px

Posted on: 2011/4/17 22:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Don't know much about build sheets, but I bet the rear speaker in the Carib convertible went between the back seats, as they did on other convertibles of yore. Perhaps where the rear seat armrest would have been. How much I bet will remain a well guarded secret. :)

Randy needs to interrupt all this blather with some pics or something. Or, better yet, start a project blog. I think that Patrician should become a priority. It's a very, very interesting car. And nice that so much history is known about it.

Posted on: 2011/4/17 23:01
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I have no objection to this thread wandering hither and yon as I have hijacked threads in the past and interesting info always shows up.
Please note that Roscoe's last build sheet for a 5687 3882 has a "SPEC" interior trim code with a REQ. 152 and a note to hold for styling division. I would enjoy seeing THAT interior!

Posted on: 2011/4/17 23:13
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 16 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved