Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
157 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 154

Ozstatman, Don Shields, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 75 76 77 (78) 79 80 81 ... 195 »

Re: Henry's 55 Constellation
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Henry, bad and sad news. Sorry. Good news is there is a supply of serviceable V-8 blocks out there so you can proceed with your project; albeit on a slightly different path.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/1/11 18:10
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
funny thing.

my dad's dart is a correct date coded block, but not original

my grandfather's 37 138CD didn't have the original block, but it was correct for the car.

and now mine, as long as i can find an early date coded 55 block. mine was march 55, along with everything else on the car. but the trans now says May 55, so anything from early to mid year 55 will do.

Hank

Posted on: 2011/1/11 19:24
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Hank,

found one for you, not the bumble bee, or 2 door, but a 55

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjq1f5dV9R8&NR=1

Posted on: 2011/1/11 21:05
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
dang man i really can't wait to be the one driving mine down the highway.......can i win the lotto already dangit!

Posted on: 2011/1/11 21:11
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Hank,

another one of your favorites, just not a coupe
www.youtube.com/watch?v=26YSRV1bkf4

Posted on: 2011/1/11 22:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
OK, I AM exploring youtube tonight.

If your engine does not workout you can always put a different one in. MAYBE this should be in the modified section on this site.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqIebPB2Pyw

This is a neat commercial
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y1DPWB3-q4

Know who this is?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFR-f8y3J5g&feature=related

Another modified section video
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUewtkx3oto

Posted on: 2011/1/11 22:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Henry,

In all seriousness, the way to keep it as close to stock as possible and actually git 'er done is to find a GOOD 352 short block assembly, original bore within specs. You could get one sans crank if your original is good. Get the heads done with whatever exhaust valves will work and let it be, man, let it be.

You have said that you really want the driving experience of one of these cars as it came off the line, and a different block, valves, &cetera will give you that same experience. The kind of originality you seek makes sense with a "survivor" but this car will never be a survivor. It will be a well-restored example of the marque.

If you go the route of a new block, you might as well try to get it as complete as possible, with pistons that won't need to replace. All in all, this route is probably more authentic... and cheaper too.

Posted on: 2011/1/11 23:53
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
hmmmm decisions decisions.....well since i already told Jack i would buy that stuff from him, i don't think it is fair to back out of that. i don't want to make an enemy of him.

i'm actually, oddly, happy about getting a 374" and i think, imho, putting something that was done by Jack Vines into my motor adds some conversation piece to car. idk why, i just feel like it.

but if i had not already committed to buying from Jack...i would go the route you are suggesting and use my 352 pistons i already have along with the crank i have (its good still) in a new 352 block. and i would have to say that does make the most financial sense. good suggestion....but i am good to my word and i don't want to let Jack down.

what it really boils down to....i just want to get this thing going again. i want my son to enjoy it before he turns 20. LOL!

thanks for the sound advice though man! i'll just pretend that this dealer put in a 374 to attract a buyer at year end and move the last of their 55 inventory. LOL!

or as i have said before....the 2 door constellation is the Caribbean of the clippers......so lets pretend Packard gave it the 374 but only put a single 4 barrel on it. ;0) i could go on forever with this LOL!

Hank

Posted on: 2011/1/12 0:35
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
a care package came recently that included 7 very needed parts! even got a bonus with it!

now i just need one more.

Thanks to the Jim (39super8) for the great parts!!

Hank

Attach file:

jpg  (167.33 KB)
491_4d3e17e840d5d.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  (167.58 KB)
491_4d3e17f384b7a.jpg 1200X1600 px

jpg  (189.23 KB)
491_4d3e17ffcc9c6.jpg 1600X1200 px

Posted on: 2011/1/24 19:23
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
This restoration is now in honor of two influential men my life. My Grandfather and my recently deceased uncle, William Temple "Tem" Greene. Or as we all called him WUT....Weird Uncle Tem.

i grew up around him also and he taught me alot about cars, mostly Mopars, which i also love.

He helped me remove the engine from my Packard and let me borrow his cherry picker in the process. it was also his cherry picker that lifted the back of the Packard while Mike Franko and me used the factory Packard torsion bar winding tools.

I am grateful for you knowledge and help WUT!

I WILL finish this car!! and it WILL make you both very proud.

I am proud to be a Greene!

you will be missed WUT. I love you!

The title of the picture says it all!

Hank

Attach file:

jpg  (49.46 KB)
491_4d575555f222a.jpg 720X540 px

Posted on: 2011/2/12 22:43
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 75 76 77 (78) 79 80 81 ... 195 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved