Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
159 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 157

HH56, Plugs1, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 »

Re: PackardDon
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I knew you would ask that but unfortunately I’ve not yet heard from Matt directly to ask for the information but I will try. I am curious myself what the door plate has on it for paint and trim codes. I suspect, however, that it may be mounted on a different chassis or at least has had extensive modifications which probably eliminated the torsion bar suspension.

Posted on: 2023/7/2 1:35
 Top  Print   

Re: PackardDon's 1956 Clipper Custom Sedan
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I remember reading some excellent Torsion-Level system diagnostics somewhere on this site but cannot find it now. Can someone please provide a link?

Posted on: 2023/9/18 13:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information

Posted on: 2023/9/18 16:33
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Thank you! Yes, I saw that but it was for 1955. However, what I was looking for was in a user posting with more "intimate" details and things to look for (and to look out for) in the 1956 system.

Posted on: 2023/9/18 16:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information

Posted on: 2023/9/18 18:54
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Thank you but no, it wasn't a Packard or other printed document. It was a detailed posting or series of postings by a user in one of the PackardInfo.com threads. That's why I can't find it as those things can't readily be searched without knowing exact words used in it and it needs to be specific to 1956 as 1955's system was electrically different.

Posted on: 2023/9/18 18:58
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
In anticipation to the next round of work which may come soon now that the 1951 Henney-Packard is nearly ready to be started up and moved, I hope, under its own power, is to get back to this car.

I try to look in advance of what's needed and in this case it's the front parking lights. I see that the sockets are crimped in place so if one wanted to have the housing replated, where does one begin? Is it necessary to remove the sockets and later somehow re-crimp them or can they be left in place and plated too? If the latter, I expect that the contact plates and wiring need to be removed and there is a boot of sorts to keep water out. Are these boots available anywhere? I don't see them at Steele's.

Posted on: 2023/10/21 21:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Although I’ve not done any of the type of work that needs posting here, I haven’t been idle with this Clipper either. So far, I have an entire NOS grille for it (except for the parking lights which are excellent used) with NOS lenses, some NOS emblems and even some NOS or mechanical parts. I also got a reproduction power window harness, a suspension bushing kit, brake rebuild parts so now all I need is the time to work on it!

Arrived today is a replacement rear bumper. The original was undamaged and would have replated nicely but suffered surface rust after having been parked in my front yard for decades so this is its replacement. Other than a tiny dent on the outside right end, it looks like new!

Note to ignore the little Packard script at the lower right corner of the trunk lid. This car did not originally have it and won’t if and when it’s done.

Attach file:

jpeg  E9F3AF36-A043-41A1-84E4-7A17CD13C918.jpeg (289.39 KB)
60923_654d858c8712b.jpeg 1280X960 px

jpeg  5B5DFB2C-8744-4E57-8CFA-3EFA79E46B81.jpeg (328.14 KB)
60923_654d86fdb865d.jpeg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2023/11/9 20:27
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The Packard script might have been factory. This April 56 bulletin doesn't give a date when they started adding it again but does say it would be installed at the factory.

Posted on: 2023/11/9 20:36
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Yes, I know that but it wasn't factory on this car so off it goes!

Posted on: 2023/11/9 20:46
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved