Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
98 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 96

Packard Don, John Sauser, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Southern Arizona Appraisal
Just popping in
Just popping in

First56Executive
See User information
Last week I jumped headlong into the Packard pool and purchased a 56 Executive. I have a lot to learn but you can not pry the smile off my face when I am driving this beautiful ole gal around our community. Of course I want to know about her history and to restore the am radio to working order. Mostly, though, I would like to know what she is really worth so that my insurance company (USAA) and I can reach a more informed decision. In the mean time, I will buff and polish her nearly perfect chrome.

How can I learn more about her production, sale, and previous ownership?

How do I appraise her value?

I appreciate your core of understanding.

Thanks, in advance.

Posted on: 2012/5/14 12:53
1st 56 Exec.
 Top  Print   

Re: Southern Arizona Appraisal
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day First56Executive,
Congratulations on your purchase and to PackardInfo. Regarding your questions, I'm sure some of the knowledgeable, experienced and friendly Packard people here will be along soon to comment. In the meantime I invite you to include your '56 Executive in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo.

Posted on: 2012/5/14 16:25
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Welcome First56Executive to this very friendly Packard web site. Glad to have you aboard. Please post some pictures and as Ozstatman says put it in the Packard Owners registry.

Posted on: 2012/5/14 16:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Welcome First56,
As to value, take a look at the NADA guide and/or pick up a copy of Old Cars Value Guide. I think they are pretty much the standard reference guides to value. For insurance purposes, many folks go with an "agreed value".
All the best,
Mark

Posted on: 2012/5/14 23:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
First56Executive,

Welcome again ......... This place is an awesome web site with lots of very knowledgeable people here virtually every day.

I am in southern Arizona too (Tucson). Let's get some coffee or go to a an event to showcase our Packards. I'll be at the Little Anthony's (50's themed diner and playhouse) show this Saturday night in Tucson at Broadway and Kolb Roads. Consider showing up. Other than the heat we always seem to have a grand time. Last show I was parked between a 52 Hudson and a 57 Chevrolet.

PM me and I'll give you my cell number should you want to meet another Packard guy.

Take care,

Kevin AZ

Posted on: 2012/5/16 19:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Again, welcome to the site.

As was mentioned above you can use the NADA Classic Car Guide - just remember it is a GUIDE, not a scientific calculation of value.

Click on this link and then select your year:
http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1958/Packard

Or you could use the value guide used by Hagerty Insurance -they claim to follow auctions and market trends.

http://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools

You will need to log on to the Hagerty website to join in.

--Roger--

Posted on: 2012/5/16 21:26
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

First56Executive
See User information
Thank you all. I have used both the Hagerty and NADA guides and feel confident I know the real value of my car. She has not been modified but has had a new coat of paint at some point in her past. My greatest concern is for the trunk liner. It is original but in poor condition. It appears as if the oil change pan was left in the trunk on a trip to the garage. Lots of oil staining.

I am interested in a correct replacement of the trunk liner. Any ideas where to acquire this?

Kevin, I already have plans for a company function on saturday, otherwise I would be tempted to drive up to Tucson. What do you think of running radial tires? I have a complete set of bias ply tires that acentuate ever ongilation in the road. It can be a bit disconcerting. Am considering a spare set of wheels with DOT approved radials for running on the interstate. Any ideas?

Otherwise I would not change a thing. Everything works, including the vacuum operated windshield wipers. Amazing! I could not be happier save a small incontinence of transmission fluid. That is to be expected, I suspect she needs a new gasket. The fluid looks good though.

Ray

Posted on: 2012/5/17 16:13
1st 56 Exec.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information

Posted on: 2012/5/17 16:37
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved