Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
221 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 220

Jack Vines, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Pinstripe colors for Packard and Centennial Blue
Home away from home
Home away from home

39SixSedanMan
See User information
I am searching for the paint codes for the pinstripe colors corresponding to 1939 Packard Blue and Centennial Blue body colors.

Per the 1935-41 Service Parts List, the name of the pinstripe color corresponding to Packard Blue is Gold Bronze; for Centennial Blue, the stripe is Flake White.

Does anyone have a photo example or paint code for these colors. Looking at several online paint code sites, I found several examples, not sure what is nearest the authentic color.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2011/11/22 19:45
 Top  Print   

Re: Pinstripe colors for Packard and Centennial Blue
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Dear 39Six

Somewhere in this website is a photo I took of an original wheel with cream striping in excellent condition.

Hope this helps

Posted on: 2011/11/22 22:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

39SixSedanMan
See User information
Tim,
Just saw your response from a couple months ago. If you know the year or any other keywords I could use to find the photo, I would greatly appreciate it.
Pat

Posted on: 2012/2/8 12:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

39SixSedanMan
See User information
Still haven't been able to locate a photo or paint code for correct Gold Bronze pinstripe to with 39 Packard Blue. Searched the 36-41 photos one at time...no luck.

Posted on: 2012/5/30 15:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Pat (39SixSedanMan), can I give you a hand?

Click to see original Image in a new window

--> This way please.

Posted on: 2012/5/30 16:09
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Striping paints are rather special formulations with regard to physical properties but the colors are pretty generic between makes of automobiles and year to year. Eastwood has a sizeable assortment of striping paints and I'd suggest you look thru them for a suitable color.

Stripe patterns on Packards often varied with the year, the model and the body style. Here's an original wheel and stripe from a 1938 Eight (a/k/a "120"). This photo from an unrestored example.

Attach file:

jpg  (90.66 KB)
177_4fc69d9779697.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2012/5/30 17:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Dear 39six:

The photos I posted were for a 1940 Packard 160 that was wrecked while being driven drunk by two now deceased well known Packard aficiondos.

The car was cut up and kept secret, and one of the wheels was bent. When I found the wheels in a pile of parts owned by a belligerent I was dealing with he accused me of causing the damage. I never told him why the wheel was damaged but I did mention it to a number of his friends. I felt that was the best way of getting even for that kind of gutter snipe behavior.

Posted on: 2012/5/30 17:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

39SixSedanMan
See User information
All,
Thanks for the information. The references to line width and separation are helpful (Tim, Guscha!).

I think I'll need to come up with my own interpretation of the definition of Gold Bronze and will be quite happy.

PM

Posted on: 2012/6/1 15:28
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved