Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
65 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 64

PennyPackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 »

Re: that Effin' Pin!
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
No output specs on the AC pump but the original equipped Carters were 3 1/2 to 5 psi. Quantity was 1 qt in 60 seconds at 500RPM.

Posted on: 2012/8/15 11:20
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
I used a rather "earthly" attempt previously. I disconnected the hose at the bowl and cranked the car quite a bit, while watching the hose from beneath the hood while I cranked. I could see from the driver's seat while cranking. Nothing.

So, maybe it is a volume issue.

Do you guys agree that the only two things remaining are the hose to the bowl and the pump, itself?

As far as the eccentric, the picture I took is probably the best look I'll ever get of it, so I don't know that comparing to anything will help.

I need a new signature:

"Learning how cars run, one component at a time."

Posted on: 2012/8/15 11:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If you cranked the engine with the outlet hose open and nothing came out, the usual suspects are:

-bad pump
-bad inlet suction hose
-air leak in the steel fuel line to the tank
-broken or clogged suction line in the tank.

Posted on: 2012/8/15 11:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
OK. The Airtex 3450 is looking pretty good about now.

I notice that one of the ports is shown to be at about the 11 O'clock position. My outlet port is there. This is where the steel hose connects.

I can't tell where the second port is on the AT 3450. But my inlet hose is rubber, so if needed I could easily reposition or replace it.

Here is the link to the picture:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATX-3450/?rtype=10

Can you tell from it that the port shown is, in fact, the outlet? I am merely wanting to avoid having to re-do metal hosing.

You can see my existing get-up 2 pages back where I submitted a photo of it.

Thanks for all your patience and assistance. I am just trying to insure an easy job so I can be done with it. I don't know what a re-build costs, but for $60, new is fine with me.

Posted on: 2012/8/15 11:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
I had to work on some other things the past few days and am getting back to this. I am getting the Bosch pump and will post results. $18.30.

Posted on: 2012/8/21 14:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Quote:

JeffM wrote:
I had to work on some other things the past few days and am getting back to this. I am getting the Bosch pump and will post results. $18.30.

I, for one will be watching & waiting. If it's the NAPA pump, you might want to ask them how old it is and how does it react to alcohol. Hopefully better than their carb kits.

Posted on: 2012/8/21 14:50
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
It turns out NAPA says the pump is not available, either at its warehouse or through the mfg. So, I ordered the Airtex 3450.

Posted on: 2012/8/22 14:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Quote:

JeffM wrote:
It turns out NAPA says the pump is not available, either at its warehouse or through the mfg. So, I ordered the Airtex 3450.

Very interesting. I wonder if they are picking up on the fact that selling pre-E-10 fuel components is leading to unhappy customers.

Posted on: 2012/8/22 14:51
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Here's the Summit link to the DUAL action 56 T'bird fuel pump.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRT-M73063/

Whats da word???, Thunderbird. What's da price???? forty-fo twiced.

THose of us with vaccuum wipers mite want to consider the Summit dual action. I would be most likely to assume that since it's Summit it will be modern fuel friendly.

Posted on: 2012/8/22 16:36
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
I now have the Airtex pump and am wondering which of the 2 ports is the inlet and which is the outlet. If I had to guess, I'd say the one at 11:00 is the inlet, and the one at 12:00 is the outlet. I'd like to be sure, though.

Posted on: 2012/9/11 19:44
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved