Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
207 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 205

tsherry, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 30 »

Re: Eric's 1925 Packard Barchetta Speedster Project
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
So, thanks to Mal's brilliant suggestion I can now have room for my feet and the pedals. The position to the steering column is a LOT better too. All I can say about this is, Mal,....

Attach file:

jpg  (4.79 KB)
34_48a7d9c30c1de.jpg 234X151 px

Posted on: 2008/8/17 2:56
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:

Turbopackman wrote:
So, thanks to Mal's brilliant suggestion........

Aw shuck's! and

Posted on: 2008/8/17 3:59
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Today's update: I got woken up at 11am this morning to the doorbell ringing. Since according to the bladder it was a good time to get up anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to find a package waiting for me in the hands of the wife. I come out into the living room, and the wife says "So, what did you win on eBay NOW??? LOL! Well, after explaining to her I haven't bought anything on eBay lately, I opened the package to find the backing plate to the engine mount that fit's behind the timing cover, courtesy of the flackmaster. Needless to say, I was excited to say the least!!

Posted on: 2008/8/26 3:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
So tonight, since I can't let things go until the weekend, I decided to put the engine mount on, it took me 10 minutes:

Attach file:

jpg  (47.60 KB)
34_48b3c34b9f5d2.jpg 800X600 px

jpg  (44.53 KB)
34_48b3c359c634b.jpg 800X600 px

jpg  (31.46 KB)
34_48b3c3670f33f.jpg 800X600 px

jpg  (47.45 KB)
34_48b3c3757e134.jpg 800X600 px

jpg  (51.58 KB)
34_48b3c398d5015.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2008/8/26 3:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I still have plenty of room between the engine and the firewall. Since now the engine is in it's exact spot, I can build the trans mount and know how long the driveshaft will be, etc. Thank you very much Dave for coming to my rescue AGAIN!!

Attach file:

jpg  (30.32 KB)
34_48b3c3cc306eb.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2008/8/26 3:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
You'll also notice in these pics that there's liquid in the cylinders, that's because I've got them soaking in PB Blaster to see if I can get her to come apart. I figured I might as well start the soaking process, since the engine's not going to be rebuilt for at least a year. The only down side to this is that the wife complains about the smell of the PB!

Posted on: 2008/8/26 4:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:

Turbopackman wrote:.......I opened the package to find the backing plate to the engine mount that fit's behind the timing cover, courtesy of the flackmaster.......

Kudo's to the "flackmaster" on his assistance to the Speedster project. I'm look forward to meeting David and his good wife next March at the 2009 Packard National Rally down-under.

Posted on: 2008/8/26 4:02
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Eric - two comments - first, not sure where you are on "plan b" for the steering column, but I do have a 38-40 column here, yet to measure for you. (I recall it being the longer 120 version) Second, as you are contemplating driver ergonomics, note that should you not be happy with the shifter position, please do not grab for the torch. I have a transmission with a cutoff shifter stick that makes me mad every time I see it. Much better candidate should you need to modify. Also, made the crate today, standby - Now all I have to do is figure out what surprises to put in it - no sense sending an empty crate.

Posted on: 2008/8/26 21:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Dave, if the shifter's not going to work, then it's yours, but be forewarned, the rear 1st and reverse shift fork is broken, and it's possible that I have some replacements already modified coming from Australia. When I tear apart the shifter to replace the forks, I can pull the shifter itself out to ship to you. I have a feeling I'm going to have to lengthen the shifter anyway, so you're probably going to get it. At least I now have an option and won't feel bad about cutting the shifter. One question though, is the knob end supposed to be threaded? Mine isn't, and looks like the threaded portion may have broken off.

As for a plan B on the column, I've been tossing up the idea of using my '56 column and box. This way, I'll be able to have turn signals, and I can position the column as needed. Only problem is, it doesn't look the part of a "1925". So, I'm still undecided on that so far.

Posted on: 2008/8/27 0:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
G'day Eric and David, the top of the gear lever is not threaded. There is around 5 inches difference in the 38 Six to Eight steering column. I hve fitted a Six column to my 38 Eight as I wanted a bit more room to the steering wheel. It looks and works fine. Best regards Peter Toet

Posted on: 2008/8/27 0:16
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 30 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved