Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
118 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 116

Packard Don, Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Unusual decanter
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Recently I was at a swap meet and spotted this unusual (or I think it's unusual) decanter. It is made by McCormick. The bonus is the seal is unbroken and it's full of liquor! The Cormorant is unbelievably well made; the wings are soldered into the main body and the whole piece is polished and chromed. You could almost get away with using the Cormorant on a car. In the glass portion, it is labeled 1937 with an accompanying image of a 37 Packard.

Has anyone seen one of these? Is this a collectable example, or should the liquor be polished during the next Packard meet? :)

Thanks,
Jim

Attach file:

jpg  (46.08 KB)
169_48a99e294fd0f.jpg 1024X768 px

jpg  (40.61 KB)
169_48a99e708b31a.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2008/8/18 11:09
 Top  Print   

Re: Unusual decanter
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Super8,

Your pics were to large, and that is why they were not viewing. I resized them, and they should now view. The pics needs to be 1024x1024 or smaller.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2008/8/18 11:38
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Thanks for the help with the Pics. Just when I think I am beginning to master the computer / digital picture deal? oh well, noted for future reference.

Doesn't look like anyone recognizes the decanter. Nonetheless, it will make an interesting dust collector.

Jim

Posted on: 2008/8/18 22:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
what is written just above the hood???

Posted on: 2008/8/18 22:41
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
1937 is above the hood.

The car and word Packard and year are fired into the glass (I assume it is glass). I had never seen a decanter like this, but I am not really a decanter collector.

Jim

Posted on: 2008/8/18 23:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
I've seen this decanter before. It's pretty neat.
I do not know how rare it is. I believe that the cormorant that came with my 1940 Packard is one of these repro birds, as the wings are "soldered" to the bird. It would be very hard to "get away" with one of these on your car, as it is very clear that the wings are not removable. I took it off of my car and am currently running with the basic bail.
West

Posted on: 2008/8/19 7:09
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Re: sizing pictures-- I use a free download program from
www.ifranview.com

very easy to use (I figured it out!) and gives some neat options, the comments I make on my pushbutton progress photos are done with ifranview.

I like to size them to be about 600-700 wide

Posted on: 2008/8/19 8:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
West, I agree that this would not suit as an actual piece on the car. It is sure surprising how substantial a piece it is. Certainly makes an interesting conversation piece. I would take this to work and put in my book case, but I'm not sure the full of liquor part would go over so well.

Mr. Pushbutton, Thanks for the link and tip on resizing images. I will give this a try. May also come in handy when I try to email images.

Thanks all,
Jim

Posted on: 2008/8/19 10:22
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
OK, Jim, you've got my attention. Bring it to the Palazzola feast in January and we'll find out what's instide.

Posted on: 2008/8/19 10:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I just did a quick google and found no information to determine what is inside? Maybe the Magic Packard Parts Genie is in there? So indeed, you now have a Real Packard mystery to have the experts resolve here. Think YKW will chime in?

Posted on: 2008/8/19 10:31
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved