Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
204 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 203

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1948 Touring Sedan Wheels
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
I have had one of my wheels glass blasted and will get the others done later. My question is : I am considering painting them red instead of the original black. I would like opinions on color and what is the correct red paint. Thanks

Posted on: 2013/4/18 10:24
 Top  Print   

Re: 1948 Touring Sedan Wheels
Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
Packard did not offer red as a body color for the 22nd series. However , there is Borg Warner ad that shows red wheels and interior on a blue Super 8 convertible. Anyone know if this contrasting wheel color was offered on certain exterior colors?

Posted on: 2013/4/18 10:40
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
In the 22nd series Packard offered red wheels (French Red) with exterior paint codes K and T (French Blue and Packard Ivory, respectively). This wasn't something new to Packard, for example in 1941 they offered the option of Cimmaron Red wheels with Saratoga Beige exterior which also makes a snappy combination.

As said previously, Red was not offered as an exterior color in the 22nd series.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 11:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
So - My car was originally black exterior ( now repainted blue ) . If I return the car eventually to black exterior, should I stay with black wheels or would red be ok ? I have seen some with red wheels, and thought they might look good on mine.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 11:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
As Dave [O_D] points out above, the red wheels were only used with the Packard Ivory and French Blue. Further, the Packard Ivory and French Blue were only available on the Convertible and both colors were dropped early in production.

So... would red be ok on a black sedan? Technically, for judging purposes at a Packard venue, probably not. Otherwise, it's up to you. What with the large wheel covers and trim rings, not much of the wheel shows anyway.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 12:19
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

davegnh
See User information
Not sure if my pic is attached but this is my car, not original-Black and wheels are red, what do you think?

Attach file:

jpg  (56.96 KB)
173_517050e3b8415.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2013/4/18 15:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
I like it - did you paint them red -or were they that color originally ?

Posted on: 2013/4/18 15:24
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

davegnh
See User information
I painted them red, they look good, although not original--Picture really doesn't show them, the wide white walls make a big difference in the looks of these cars, at least in my opinion.

Posted on: 2013/4/19 12:22
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved