Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
223 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 221

Mr.D, DavidM, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

My 55 400
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dano55400
See User information
I picked this lil gal up in Spokane for 2500.00 the power windows don't work yet. She is solid, the guy had two at one point.

Attach file:

jpg  (29.50 KB)
6619_51a139b57b801.jpg 672X352 px

Posted on: 2013/5/25 17:26
 Top  Print   

Re: My 55 400
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Looks like a nice car to start with. If none of the windows work check the circuit breaker and relay mounted above and slightly offset to the voltage regulator high on the firewall in front of the driver. If just one or two are acting up then usually it's the switch or the plug in connector to the switch.

Posted on: 2013/5/25 17:33
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
The 1955 Packard 400 is an awesome car. It looks great in the photo. Be patient ... everything will work out. Does it have air conditioning too?

Craig

Posted on: 2013/5/25 17:43
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Nice purchase and welcome. Lots of help here at this website. I love 400's from 1955 too.

Posted on: 2013/5/25 17:46
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dano55400
See User information
I've learned a wealth of info I needed from day one. All four windows are not functional but I've yet to trace it. I've been babying her and have a few lil issues but she's a good driver that sat a while. No AC :(
Dano

Posted on: 2013/5/25 17:56
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Don't be too disappointed about not having A/C. The OE system that was supplied for BOTH production and dealer installation wasn't very common, then, and some of the parts are hard to find, now. Aftermarket systems of the period would be as much or more of a challenge, today.

The combination of vent windows in the doors and fresh air vents in the firewall are usually enough to keep me cool - that is, while moving. Unless a pivot spool is broken, know that the front door vent windows will actually open to a reverse angle - thus, serve as air scoops.

Posted on: 2013/5/25 18:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Nice 400 danno.

It's not the one I saw for sale last year.

jack vines

Posted on: 2013/5/25 19:57
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dano55400
See User information
The guy I bought it from had a two tone white with a brown top he had already sold. I need carpet for it and the dash is down to metal so I figure painting it would be a good idea. No rust in the floor boards surprisingly. It was I believe a Oregon car as their is a oil change reminder from a shop in Camas that has the old Alpha number to contact.

Posted on: 2013/5/25 20:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
The white/copper was the one I saw.

jack vines

Posted on: 2013/5/25 21:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
Hands off to seller for not being a GREED MONSTER!,,

AC!,,,where you are I would want mega heat,,,

They are great cars to drive,, enjoy..........

Posted on: 2013/5/25 23:29
Riki
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved