Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
206 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 205

Tom (Packin31), more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: My 55 400
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dano55400
See User information
Yea Jack I would have liked a crack at the other, but I like the black 55 it has black, grey and white interior a nice condition white headliner etc. But iim going to go ask the guy I bought this from if he sold the other locally. I'd Ike to see it. I'm more of a rat rodder I've been putting 40 to 53 Dodge Plymouths and Desotos back on the road for 25 years.

Posted on: 2013/5/26 15:13
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
dano55400 for persevering and adding your '55 400 Hard Top to the Packard Owner's Registry. BTW, I added your pic to the entry, trust that was OK?

Posted on: 2013/7/1 14:32
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Hi and welcome,
My '55 Patriian sat for 30 years. Once I got it running (bad ignition switch and ballast resistor) I loved driving it and seeing what systems would come back. They all did - after a while. After giving mine all the service specified in the FSM in spring of 2011, things slowly came back on line. The Torsion Level system took a couple of months and then one day clicked on and has leveled the car perfectly ever since. The Twin Ultramatic worked, but pretty pretty violent up and down shifts. It was now smoothed out to fairly smooth to so smooth I can only tell the change has been made by the exhaust notes. I've made sure it as all adjusted properly and the transmission has taken it from there. It isn't consistent - yet - but I've had no other transmission that has set for even one third that time and work at all. Including GM 400, Ford C-6 and Torqueflyte. It doesn't even leak transmission fluid. The last thing to raise it's self from the dead was the clock. That started working last fall after crossing a railroad crossing that needed attention. Keeps perfect time too. It got to be a lot of fun - starting out and watching for the next thing to come back to life. Today, the radio is the only hold-out.
Your '55 is a stunning car. I've had several black cars and love the way they look after a good cleaning. It's just to bad that it only lasts 45 minutes

Posted on: 2013/7/1 18:00
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dano55400
See User information
Mine is fun lots little new tricks about the 400 I love mine. I news exhausts there cut about mid way. I need the Jack Vines oil pump upgrade because its time and I need to clean the pan etc. For 2500 bones its a great car. I start hee every day for about 20 minutes and drive her on cooler days as heat seems to be the death throng to these time machines.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 1:59
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved