Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
225 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 222

classiclincoln, HH56, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard part number identification
Home away from home
Home away from home

rrhorton
See User information
Can anyone identify which model and year part number 312233 belongs to? It is a manual brake actuation cam but is different from my '28 526 part. The parts manuals provided in this site indicate part numbers 3xxxxx would be later than '36 but those cars had hyd brakes. Any help?

Attach file:

jpg  (32.58 KB)
4951_52d41bcb9cc1d.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2014/1/13 12:01
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard part number identification
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Sorry I can't help with the parts in question, but though there aren't many, perhaps 2 dozen, the 33-36 Eight and Super Eight parts list does show some 3XXXXX numbers for 1936 and earlier senior cars. I don't see 312233 listed in the 35-41 Parts List so perhaps it was a redesigned part, issued after 1936 but with application to earlier cars? Such things were not an uncommon occurance and not easy to determine unless you have a part number succession list. Assuming for the moment that the original part was superceeded by 312233 and you don't have a supercession list (I don't), one possible way to track that down might be to obtain a copy of the engineering drawing for 312233; it's not uncommon for such drawings to have useful info noted on them. A bit of a long shot, however.

Posted on: 2014/1/13 13:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

rrhorton
See User information
Anyone have a copy of the drawing for 312233 or better the drawings for the correct part for my car; 147470 and 147471?

Posted on: 2014/1/13 16:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
A significant source for part blue prints is the Packard Proving Grounds, they have a very large collection donated by two very generous PAC members. Don't know for sure if they have what you want, but why not just inquire?

Posted on: 2014/1/13 18:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jimw
See User information
The parts pictured are part numbers 163999 and 164000 for early 1929 640 and 645. The front brake cams for the 443 were changed in 1929 and a switch was made from a 1-1/2" diameter to a 1-3/4" diameter part. The factory quit supplying the 1-1/2" cams and if there was a problem with the originals, it was necessary to retrofit the entire assembly with the 1-3/4" parts. I think the reason for the change had something to do with the shock absorbers having a one way action. Check the diameter of your cams. The superceded part numbers for the new assemblies (Cam, Pivot, bracket and cover) were 97520 and 97521. The part numbers for the new cams were 97554 (left) and 97550 (right). If you are thinking of having new ones made from the drawings, you might contact Jim Balfour for a copy of the drawings.

Good Luck Bob,

Jim Wayman

Posted on: 2014/1/17 21:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
rrnorton has already contacted the PPG for blueprints, but sadly they are not in our extensive collection. Owen, we appreciate the plug for this fundraising project.

If anyone else would like to inquire about a part, then they need to contact Bruce at: packardblueprints@aol.com

BTW, it is unlikely that Jim Balfour has the print for the part in question as he helped source the blueprints that are now owned by the PPG. Some blueprints may still be available at the Studebaker Museum in South Bend.

Posted on: 2014/1/18 15:11
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved