Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
217 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 215

BigKev, 37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

55 nConstellation dash Switch question
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jeff Williams
See User information
What goes in this empty spot just to left of heater controls ?

Attach file:

jpg  (95.18 KB)
66803_543353ae297a7.jpg 960X1280 px

Posted on: 2014/10/6 21:47
Jeff W
Pittsburgh
 Top  Print   

Re: 55 nConstellation dash Switch question
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you have an optional underseat heater a duplicate switch and bezel to the front heater fan switch located on the right side. The label will say rear fan. If no underseat heater then a blank chrome plate which fits flush in the recess .

Posted on: 2014/10/6 21:56
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jeff Williams
See User information
Thank you! Learning lots about the Constellation!
Now where to find a blank,or under the seat I will go to look for a fan. Then onto another switch!

Posted on: 2014/10/6 22:03
Jeff W
Pittsburgh
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There is a rear fan bezel on ebay nowhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-packard-rear-fan-switch-bezel-/161196267370?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25880bd76a&vxp=mtr

IIRC I think it was packards1http://stores.ebay.com/packards1 that had a switch but his store is offline until after hershey.

You might inquire if Ross or packardssouthwest has a heater or perhaps a blank or used switch, knob and bezel assy.

Posted on: 2014/10/6 22:08
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If no underseat heater then a blank chrome plate which fits flush in the recess .

An exception to that is seen on some 56 Caribbean convertibles, most of which do not have an underseat heater. What mine (w/o the underseatheater) has is a non-functioning switch with the knob, a duplicate of the functioning knob on the other side, but with a blank face plate. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow and would be curious to know how many other Caribs w/o the underseat heater are fitted similarly.

Posted on: 2014/10/6 22:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Here is a photo of the blank switch in my 55 Clipper Super.

(o{}o)

Attach file:

jpg  (38.74 KB)
565_54340031059d0.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2014/10/7 10:01
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
JW, thanks for saving me the trouble of taking a photo, that's essentially what my Carib has.

Posted on: 2014/10/7 10:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
That is interesting on the knob and looks much better and balanced than what I described. I'll try to find the piece I took off a car but so long ago it may have been tossed. It was the blank plate but instead of the knob it was held by a flush round head plug like piece. As I recall the head was shouldered & slightly beveled so it fit snugly in the round portion of the plate and also fit the hole in dash. Essentially a tight fitting flush chrome presentation. The plug affair was held in position by a nut and large concave washer on the backside.

Posted on: 2014/10/7 10:28
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
O_D, didn't mean to deny you the opportunity, but the Clipper is in the garage and the camera was nearby. I wanted to provide it as there may be differences between the Clippers and Packards. Now, Howard is describing a different piece than I pictured. I guess we need to keep in mind that after over 50 years some things get changed. I believe the one on my Clipper to be an original piece.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/10/7 13:36
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
JW, really the only difference between mine and yours is the "knob" or switch handle is of the Packard design (that follows the design of the other dash switch knobs) and yours if of the Clipper design - otherwise the same.

Posted on: 2014/10/7 14:34
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved