Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
239 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 238

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Interior Material Question
Home away from home
Home away from home

RichK
See User information
Hi Tim,

Thanks.

I think I have one other place to check. If you look carefully I'm doing it compare at spots where it's not faded (you can see the transition of fade).

Trying to make the car as original as possible, and it is an original solid Chickory Green. It was/is a special, with an underseat heater, radio, and, mahogany dash and window rings, maybe a senior horn ring. No outside chrome trim on windows. Also it has no running boards. It has a stainless trim ring on the front window, but not the back window. This ensing has an oil filter as well.

I'm also somewhat screwed on the rubber floor in front. It was there and complete but cracked. I'll most likely do carpet the entire way.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted on: 2013/7/15 8:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Here's a couple of swatches for the 110. Poor color rendition on the brown/grayish tones but the fabrics are fairly dark.

Attach file:

jpg  (136.70 KB)
209_51e4036560b44.jpg 1200X918 px

Posted on: 2013/7/15 9:13
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichK
See User information
Howard,

What year(s) are those from?

Rich

Posted on: 2013/7/15 9:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It's from the 41 "Color and Upholstery Harmonies" showroom album.

Posted on: 2013/7/15 9:33
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichK
See User information
Hmmm.

That's not what's in my car, and what's in my car still has tags on it. Too, those are not names in the 1941 databook... maybe the blue/gray, under the 160 and 180.

Interesting.

Rich

Posted on: 2013/7/15 9:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RichK
See User information
The trade letter T-3047 TradeT-3047 letter link has good data in it.

Posted on: 2013/7/15 9:53
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I assume these haven't been changed around since the labels are stapled to the fabrics and then set on screw posts in the book but suppose it's possible. No idea if this was an early or late version upholstery in 41.

Suppose fabric could be for another model and I'm missing the one swatch of 160 fabric labeled gray with blue stripe. The 180 gray with blue stripe in this book is an alternating uniform pattern of very bold blue and gray stripes about 1/16" wide.

Posted on: 2013/7/15 10:05
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hmmmm... this is interesting.

When I suggested the Multi-tone interior I forgot that it usually also includes a body-colored instrument panel instead of woodgraining and body-colored window trim.

But, I now read the Trade Letter and it says, "Multi-tone interior trim combinations are optional in any paint scheme at an extra charge....trim set number 207 - a dark green Bedford cord with a light green broadcloth."

Is it now fair to say that that you could have the optional multi-tone upholstery and still retain the woodgrained instrument panel? How do you read this?

--Roger--

Posted on: 2013/7/15 10:31
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

tabletennissport
See User information
I am restoring a 1941 160 coupe which had the original broadcloth seats. I have had SMS reproduce it. It took them 3 years to make it and it's not quite the same as the original. The pin stripe is bolder on the reproduction but it looks very nice.
I had to order 16 yards which is about double what I need. I would be willing to sell 8 yards. The fabric is currently in Dallas, coming to Australia in March.
Please PM me if you wish to see a sample.

Posted on: 2015/1/13 21:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
I've seen striped broadcloth (you guys are way ahead of me on the pattern), optional Bedford cord (a fine Bedford, not corduroy-like), and the optional two-tone plain broadcloth with dark bolsters and light "inners."

Posted on: 2015/1/14 10:36
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved