Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
243 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 240

Jimmyk, Gary Kulp, Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Diecast models
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Pushbutton -

That is one awesome display. I need to find some cases like that. A friend had a wall-mounted pie-case from a diner, but it wouldn't be big enough to hold them all (and my collection pales in comparison to yours).

I hated to go into 1:18, but I just couldn't resist FM's '55 Carib in white/rose/gray. The limited edition in white/lt.green/ dk.green is my least favorite tri-tone combo from '55, but now I see that FM has another limited edition in white/lt.blue/dk.blue.

If you can make room, you might want to consider adding just one more 1:18 edition:

http://www.danburymint.com/Detail.aspx?ProductID=9722

This one's been out for nearly a year, but after hearing a first-hand account from ACOlds at Warren last July, I bit the bullet.

Posted on: 2008/11/2 11:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I have a collection of 1/43, 1/24, 1/18, and a few 1/12 diecast vehicle models numbering over 200. Most of the 1/24 are Danbury Mint, but there are some Franklin Mint ones too. I prefer the 1/24 size because of the detail that can be captured, and still not take up too much room like the 1/18. The 1/18 that are being offered now are, in my opinion, a great value. An amazing amount of detail for the price. I would have more of them, but for lack of display space. I have shelving (elfa) for the 1/24, 1/18, and 1/12.

To display the 1/43 I found some neat wire mesh CD storage shelves at The Container Store ($29.99 ea.). These mount to the wall easily. I can display about 12 models in/on each of these shelving units. The wire mesh gives a nice appearance too. They come in white and silver. Mine are silver.

Posted on: 2008/11/2 16:56
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

DougPack50
See User information
Though the Fairfield Mint is not a manufacturer of these die-cast cars, they do offer them in exclusive colors that are only available through them. I've purchased several models from them.

Posted on: 2008/11/2 20:28
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved