Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
115 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 114

39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: How new can your Packard be?
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
We have 5682-4747 in the registry here, close, but no cigar.

Posted on: 2016/4/20 15:15
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
No Kev, I think it is a cigar. It's high highest known 5682 survivor, the one ECAnthony noted is the last built but has apparently not survived.

Posted on: 2016/4/20 15:19
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The registry here does not require that people enter their VN when registering, as I know some people are security conscious about that information. So you never know, it may be in there!

It would be interesting to compare the Registry information here to the Club Rosters to see how they line up.

Posted on: 2016/4/20 15:24
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I haven't been as diligent as I was earlier in continuing to assemble sets of theft-proof, vehicle, and engine numbers but my database has nearly 4000 full sets of such data. But yes, I'm still interested in adding to it so for newcomers here who haven't provided me with numbers but are willing to do so, please supply theft-proof and vehicle numbers and engine numbers if possible. I'm not interested in cases where we don't have both the theft-proof and vehicle number but any other details are welcome.

Posted on: 2016/4/20 15:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Sloride75
See User information
Owen, I previously thought you were only collecting pre-war numbers, for some reason. Are you collecting all data across all series?

Posted on: 2016/4/20 21:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Though I have far more prewar number sets I've always been collecting 1929 (the beginning of the theft-proof numbering system) thru 1956. This is the database I used to post the highest known (to be) surviving 56 cars a few posts back.

Posted on: 2016/4/20 22:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Sloride75
See User information
Well in that case, my lowly Eight:
2392 7641
H213169

Posted on: 2016/4/20 22:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks you for the numbers.

Posted on: 2016/4/21 7:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave Brownell
See User information
I may have already provided most, if not all, of my Esquire's number. If not, here they are again,

Vehicle 5687-4121
TPN. 047125
Engine (top stamping behind water pump, same as Vehicle number, 5687-4121)

Other than the casting numbers on the heads, I could not see any other engine numbers easily.

Another, possibly Esquire-related oddity is that my stainless door jamb plate does not show any paint code...it's blank. My car was painted originally Dover White over Mojave Tan. The trim code shows the corresponding L189 though for leather in tan,white and copper. I wonder if it was shipped to be Esquired in primer, without the usual ReynoldsWrap side trim, at the dealer (DuBois, Arlington, VA)?

Posted on: 2016/4/21 10:09
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Dave, thanks for the numbers, I did not have them.

By 1956 the dies for stamping the TPN were really wearing out, if you take a really close look you should see that the first character is a "D", not an "0"; the clue is to look closely at the corners, those on the left will be a little sharper and with a 90? corner and those on the right slightly rounded.

Posted on: 2016/4/21 10:50
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved