Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
85 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 84

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Re: I Have A Dream....
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Like the gattling gun Eric, but always thought something integral with the vehicle would be better and easier. Therefore this from Gerd would do the job nicely.
Quote:
Guscha wrote:.....The machine gun is a derivate of a water-cooled MAXIM AUTOMATIC MACHINE GUN CALIBER .30. The picture was taken 1927 in Manchuria, a part of the today's China. At this times the warlord Zhang_Zuoli....supreme ruler of Manchuria.

If that can help repel the Mongol hordes then a few tyre kickers, greasy fingered children or "flat hats" will be easy meat.

Attach file:

jpg  (22.58 KB)
226_49725aff0efd0.jpg 500X286 px

Posted on: 2009/1/17 17:28
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
More than a few years ago I took my youngest grandson to his first car show, which I might ad was a all Ford Show. I told him that if he touched any cars that he would get a good kick in the ass.

Mitch asked what a part was on a early Mustang. I bent down and touched the part on the car and asked if that's what he was asking about. He was in back of me and suddenly I felt a foot kicking my ass. I turned my head around and asked what in the heck he was doing. He looked me straight in the eyes and said Pappy you touched the car. After he said that to me I just laughed.

That is one great memory that I will take to the grave with me.

JohnF. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/11/19 21:06
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Yup...

Attach file:

jpg  (9.28 KB)
34_4b05fce13734c.jpg 480X480 px

Posted on: 2009/11/19 21:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
My dad used to tell how he kept dogs from relieving themselves on his hubcaps using the hot coil trick!
YIP! YIP! YIP!

Posted on: 2009/11/19 22:16
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

bingster
See User information
I don't get to too many car shows, but twice I put mine in a very small car show. It was one of the small-town, combined hot rod/classic car shows, and I knew the guy who put it together. Even though my car is far from a show car, he insisted I put it in because most of the cars were hot rods, and nobody else had a Packard.

The show was in a little town in the middle of nowhere, and the locals, to be polite, were anything but well-educated. But I have to say that in both my experiences there, not one person even came close to a breach of etiquette concerning the cars. Everyone kept a very respectful distance, with not a single touch. Even the people taking pictures asked first if they could photograph the car.

I'm floored after reading some of the stories in this thread. What goes through peoples' minds?

Posted on: 2009/11/19 23:24
Darrin ~ 2472
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
I took some time to read, Pats story, I like what you wright and could not agree whit you more.
I have been on some car shows on one occasion whit my own car.
And I got to say, that no matter where in the world you
still have to deal whit moronic people.
Some examples:
I had one of my Soviet car on a local car show and there
were a lot of questions like: Nice demo-derby ride, i take it for like 100$ ya, ore my favorite I trad this rust-bucket for like a Ford Sierra. And then there are still people who constantly ask this; How much fuel dose it take, my diesel Toyota takes like 5 l/per 100km ya.
OK so people don't like Ruskys cars, but same kind of ore even worse comments pop-up when you have a american car.
Im hardly suprised by this, if old cars no matter of there origin considered here for some people cheap redneck demo-derby rides then I just don't know what to say.
So It is not that better in here to as you see I think even
worse the in the US.

Posted on: 2009/11/20 3:22
Dreaming about a 1954 Packard Clipper
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill_OBrien
See User information
Here is a link to Pat's car in the Owner Registry:

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=350

I think it would be helpful if we all put a link to our Owner Registry page in our signatures so we can see who has what car... :)

Beautiful car! Do you have any more pictures?? I promise not to put my flat cap on when I take a look at the pics ;)

Posted on: 2009/11/20 9:28
-

( o\|||/o )

1936 Packard 120 4 Door Touring

Packard Registry Link
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
I'm not surprised that the shows attended by locals in the sticks, a hundred miles on the other side of no-where are the most respectful. I find it's the city kids/people who show total lack of respect.

Posted on: 2009/11/20 9:57
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
Hi Pat! I hope that I didn't wake anyone else in the house this morning reading your post! I was laughing so hard it was difficult to contain myself. I believe the main reason why your story didn't get published is because you're dealing with people of little minds. I don't know who coined the phrase "truth hurts", but I believe its applicable here. I've had many of the same experiences here in the States (even though I've only owned my Packard since late August of this year!). Here we wouldn't term them as "flat hats" (being of Irish decent myself I actually knew what that meant), we would call them "ball caps". You know the type, the hat passed up its 5,000 mile oil change 20,000 miles ago, wife with an overabundance of land crammed into clothes two sizes too small (and don't forget the seventy-five dollar nails), and a whole troop of crumb-snatchers that could pass for a picture out of National Geographic. I recently stumbled on a means of distraction that seems to work wonders. I put a bowl of assorted candy on the ground in front of my car and that seems to do the trick. These type of cretins will just fall all over themselves (and each other) to get something that is "free". Its worth the eight bucks I spend, not only keeping my vehicle intact but also for humor as well. "Billy, don't take it all" while the parents stuff handfulls in their pocket seems to occur often! If I had the wherewithall, I'd send you tickets in a heartbeat. I have to sell my Packard to a friend just so the ex doesn't get her. Ain't divorce fun??!!

Posted on: 2009/11/20 10:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
I am so glad ive never gone back to my car and found someone IN it. that would be the end. i swear there would be alot more than words exchanged there.

I Printed up and laminated a pair of spec sheets to put in the wiindows that list all of the cars specs including approximate weight, price, options ect. and i find that it help minimize the stupid questions. I must admit that i never stray out of visual distance of the car, unless i have a friend or someone there to watch it. Call me paranoid, but ive stopped some very stupid people from doing some dumb things in the past.

All in all though, i still hate being treated as a dumb kid who couldnt possibly own that car. Some people just cant wrap their minds around the fact that a young man could own a non souped up classic car, know its mechanics, drive it, maintain it, ect ect.

Posted on: 2009/11/20 20:55
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved