Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
273 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 272

64avanti, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1954 SUPER STATION WAGON BY HENNEY
Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
I saw this on the front cover of the cormorant magazine; did Packard ever build this model even as a one off and did it survive?

Posted on: 2019/3/9 21:47
 Top  Print   

Re: 1954 SUPER STATION WAGON BY HENNEY
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Built by Henney on the Packard commercial chassis, and destroyed by vandalism some years ago. Good coverage of the car and its life and unfortunate demise in The Professional Car magazine articles by McPherson.

Posted on: 2019/3/9 22:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
What a shame! Could you post the article?

Posted on: 2019/3/9 22:15
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Not without permission of the copyright holder which I don't have. Back issues are probably available from PCS.

Posted on: 2019/3/9 22:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael C Wauhop
See User information
That would be quite a car to recreate!

Posted on: 2019/3/10 0:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
For those who are interested Brooklin Models makes a 1/43rd diecast model of the car. Probably available from many diecast model vendors. I have one.

Posted on: 2019/3/10 12:48
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Photo taken in 1963 near the Rye/Port Chester NY border after vandalism and fire.

Attach file:

jpg  (134.92 KB)
177_5c8550227c1c2.jpg 1278X492 px

Posted on: 2019/3/10 12:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't remember if it was in photos of the car that was built or a fanciful "what if" interpretation of future possible versions but one of the illustrations I saw had a sort of cabinet built as part of a seat with something similar to the production type 53-4 trunk mounted AC unit contained within it.

Posted on: 2019/3/10 13:03
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Based on where the fender scoops are located, I would suspect that the A/C unit was between the forward-facing rear seat and the rearward-facing seat behind it. This car has always fascinated me so I'm glad to see it being discussed. I understand that it also had jumpseats like a limousine and ads showed a camper version too.

Posted on: 2019/3/10 13:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It was built on 1954 commercial chassis #5413-2015. Notes in the PCS article say the AC evaporator was boxed between the rear-facing observation lounge seats and forward-facing rear seats. It was built with maximum seating for 12 (2 of which were occasional seats behind the front seat) but comfortable seating for 10. It was the only one built.

The PCS issue with the article by Tom McPherson is No. 155, July-August 2014 and runs from page 29 thru 33. That entire issue should be a "must have" for a serious Packard student as it's devoted entirely to the 1951-1954 Henney products for Packard. An earlier issue, #145 of 3rd Quarter 2013 covered the Henney Juniors. If you can get a back issue, I think you'll be very pleased with your purchase. I believe the issue of The Packard Club's quarterly that also had an article on the car was Winter 1978, that article written by George Hamlin.

Posted on: 2019/3/10 13:13
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved