Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
234 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 231

BigKev, Don B, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: From local Craig's List - Anyone recognize this?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Faust
See User information
Quote:
Faust,

if you live a few steps from the car, would you be so kind to cast a glance at the VIN-tag and the Thief-proof number? We would be obliged if you could do a couple of photographs (and when you bake a plum pie).

I am not particularly near it, it is in upstate New York. For whatever reason it came up on a local Craig's List Packard serach.

Here is what I thought it was, identified as a '46 Clipper 8 "family limosene".

Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/4/6 21:30
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Is everything correct with those models for the Model Info pages? Or is there an error I need to correct?

Just making sure I am not missing something.

Posted on: 2009/4/6 23:33
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
Big Kev, There is an error and I posted it in the General section on 3/23/09. Please refer to it for the correct info regarding the 21st series 148" wheelbase 7 passenger sedan and 7 passenger limousine. Thanks

Posted on: 2009/4/7 17:44
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Faust
See User information
For more info and pictures of the car I asked about, here is a link to the Craig's List ad:

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/1102314944.html

Posted on: 2009/4/7 23:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information
Owen,Guscha, Kev

The picture of the car with the blanked out panels is from the Eastern Packard Club. Bob Skop owned it at that time and for a long time after, but sold it about 8 years ago. I think it went to Ohio, but I can find out.

The story is that it was originally in the motor pool of the Governor of Tennessee. Owen will remember that it carried a well used siren. Somewhere in its history it a acquired a junior engine. Bob never got around to replacing it, but the car seemed not to notice. My memory is that it does not have a division.

It carries the series number from whatever body it was made from i.e there is no separate number for the blanked out quarter panels. Bob was never able to find out who did the conversion. I gather it doesn't come up in the Henney records .

As the car got older it became fairly easy to see the panels soldered over the windows-they are the same shape. The glass may still be under the metal. On the inside the windows have upholstery over them.

Regards

John Harley

Posted on: 2009/4/9 18:04
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved