Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
69 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 67

Packard Don, RICZ, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1950 Packard 8 value?????
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Many people use Bring a Trailer. I have heard that the process to get a vehicle on BaT can require a lot of time and effort and your description will be nick picked to suit their requirements. It is an online auction site. Personally, I avoid auctions whether buying or selling.

Posted on: 2023/7/15 10:33
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
BAD? or "Not good" news:
That chart number might be OK for starters/asking.
That '50 Deluxe Club Sedan which was good/original condition(repaint) sold for $6500. at auction today.
The chrome is worth that much. I got that much in my rechrome, ex bumpers.
About a decade ago, a pristine original (2365) sold for about $24K. It was a benchmark low miles car.
The bath tub market continues to sag/be soft. They were bringing/asking close to $10k. Unsettled times.
I guess as we get further out, P now deceased 65 years, the name recognition just isn't there, and what's there is pre-war. If I wasn't raised in Warren area, I'd be unknowing most likely and I've been around cars my whole life. I watched a pre-auction video and the two guys were reviewing a post war P said, Pack and Stude, two losers no wonder it sank. That's the stigma. The pre-war high end seems solid. This month, I saw two '30s, a P V-12 roadster and a Cad v16 sold for $700K and $1.1M respectively. Cad is still a stronger brand as a survivor co keeps the torch lit. The P looked more attractive and probably a better vehicle, too. Try and find '30s V-16 parts, let alone reasonable... Only a total few thou made over a span of years, not all the same, and not many survived. You can buy a car sans engine, but it's worthless w/o that big chunk of iron, running or not. Try and find someone knowledgeable to rebuild one, if you can scrape up the parts...Might as well go hen's teeth Duesen.

Posted on: 2023/7/15 13:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dave O
See User information
It's worth what someone is willing to pay. This is not a very saut after Packard. I happen to like them, but most people don't. The fact that it's all original would scare me as a buyer. That means all the wiring needs replacing, gauges rebuilt. Fuel tank, and very expensive sending unit redone. And that's just the beginning. I purchased one almost two years ago. Absolutely beautiful car. Super Eight. New interior, good repaint, rust free. I payed $12,500 for it. I drove it once!. I've been fixing all the things that needed repair ever since. I feel I over paid at least $3,000 for it. So if that gives you an idea, from someone who likes them. That's the best I can do.

Dave O

Posted on: 2023/7/15 16:15
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved