Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
232 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 231

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1950 Packard 8 value?????
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

John Zicha
See User information
I'm tossing around the idea of selling my 1950 Packard 8. It is the bare bones 8. 3 speed NO O/D, no radio 23k original miles. Interior is immaculate. Exterior is all original and by far not perfect. It's got scratches here and there are some paint chips etc. Car starts right up and drives. I take it for an occasional ride but it basically just sits.

It was owned by my grandfather and garage kept for 35 years and I took possession of it about 6 years ago. I'm trying to figure out what I could possibly fetch for it. I'm in the central NJ area. Thanks for any suggestions.

Attach file:

jpg  20170715_041139.jpg (216.63 KB)
162931_64ae83a819a12.jpg 1920X1080 px

jpg  20170715_063246.jpg (326.74 KB)
162931_64ae83bf66746.jpg 1920X1920 px

Posted on: 2023/7/12 5:31
1950 Packard Standard 8- plain jane no options!
24,000 original miles
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Re: 1950 Packard 8 value?????
Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
A competent, professional appraisal would be in order for that car.

It appears to be a very solid original car, which is a rare thing in a 73 year old motor vehicle.

There are persons who can repair scratches ad chips in old paint jobs that are otherwise OK, and in many cases, minor blemishes on chrome items can be polished out.

If you have old paperwork and receipts related to the car, that may add interest and value, as might known history.

Posted on: 2023/7/12 10:42
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
John,

If/when you sell your '50 Eight Touring Sedan, could you please advise so its Packard Vehicle Registry entry can be upated?

Posted on: 2023/7/12 18:06
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
You have a very nice, original car, which any enthusiast would appreciate. Unfortunately, the series, body style, and options are all on the lower-demand side of things. I agree it would be worth it to get a professional appraisal as the ideal buyer would be a bathtub-era Packard enthusiast, that would pay more for an original, properly examined / documented car.

Posted on: 2023/7/12 23:46
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
Outstanding interior

Posted on: 2023/7/13 7:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
It would be possible and practical for a buyer to obtain and install a radio and overdrive. Not necessarily cheap, but do-able. Of course, many people today would not be interested in an original AM radio, and alternatives are available.

Posted on: 2023/7/13 8:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
I don't see paying several hundred for an appraisal in this price range.

I usually use CAAAR but they don't cover this period for some unknown reason.
Hagerty shows a #3 - good condition at $15600. (1-4 scale)

I'd say that's generous and not out of the question to the right buyer. It's probably going to be hard to find that individual right now with the economy etc. Compare a victoria(convertible) sold for close to $40K recently.
eg: I'm watching an original '50 club sedan going to auction Sat to see how the market is for bath tubs.
This era has been depressed for a long time and not keeping pace with the current general collector trends, paying up for quality but not buying generally - price solid but increase in "no sales/pass" at auctions.
What happens is when inflation/costs rise, people ask more but the market may not bear.

Posted on: 2023/7/14 20:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
If you are very lucky, you may find an interested and knowledgeable buyer in your immediate area.

It's more likely that you will have to deal with a buyer long distance.

In such a case, an expert, in-depth report with lots of photographs and a detailed, written description of the car's condition will be very helpful.

If you want to get a fair price for the car, condition is very important.

Another way to put the car before interested buyers would be to drive it to an antique/special interest car show in your area, if any are available.

Adverising the car on this website is another way to reach potential interested buyers.

A buyer wanting a car like yours will be keenly interested in minute details of the car's condition. Your car appears to be in exceptional original condition.

Accurately documenting that exceptional condition and presenting that documentation to an interested buyer is a good way to realize a fair price for the car.

Posted on: 2023/7/15 7:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Recommend advertising your Packard in Hemmings Online. Large audience (national and international), reasonable fee, space for many photos and narrative description. People who are looking to buy a vintage/collectable vehicle go to Hemmings. I had good luck selling my 115C convertible coupe and a super nice Model A roadster hot rod there. The 115C went to Belgium and the roadster went to a buyer in Plymouth, Mass. I live in Santa Fe, N. Mex. so market in my area is very narrow.

Posted on: 2023/7/15 10:15
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
You might want to give bringatrailer.com a shot. Very reasonable in price and a very large audience.

Posted on: 2023/7/15 10:20
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved