Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
206 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 205

Pack120c, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'32 901 Sedan
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
I have some questions about the headliner on a 901 sedan. From the scrapes of headline I can tell that a strip of thin cardboard (or something similar) is sewn (double stitched about 1/2" apart) lengthwise on both right and left. This is tacked to the long ribs that run parallel to the sides.

The question that I have is there any attaching the headliner to the ribs that run from one side to the other side. If so how is that accomplished?

Posted on: 2023/7/20 13:28
 Top  Print   

Re:
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I wonder it the method described in the 35 and later 120 body manual was a hold over from the earlier era. If the 32 side to side bows are wood possibly so.

If the headliner is multiple pieces with side to side seams matching the bow spacing possibly they just added a strip of cloth at each seam much like they do when sewing in pockets for the wire bows in later headliners. If the headliner is one large flat piece of material then possibly strips of fabric to match the bow spacing was blind stitched to the headliner hidden side. Once there is a strip to work with then tacking to the bows would be the support method.

Posted on: 2023/7/20 14:20
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: '32 901 Sedan
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
Thanks Howard it was an interesting read. If someone out there has an early 30's sedan and took some pictures that would be a help. I'm try to get in to the Nethercutt to look at the '31 they have. They're not sure, but it may be in storage.

Posted on: 2023/7/20 15:52
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved