Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
126 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

22 & 23sr. fuel tank
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
I understand that the 51 to 56 tanks have been reproduced.
Does anyone have any information on the 22-23sr. tanks?. Thanks Dell

Posted on: 2023/8/10 19:39

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: 22 & 23sr. fuel tank
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
As far as I know MoparPro is the only one to repro that tank and only in the 20 gal size.

Posted on: 2023/8/10 19:51
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
Thanks Howard; For that amount of money I can repair my problem.

Posted on: 2023/8/11 9:51

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
FYI: when I was wrestling this issue years back and nothing was available in the any size, I found I think a 17-18 gal ElCamino tank the right size but I was re-orienting the fillerneck to the rear as a custom. I think mustangs are similar size.
You can weld on the original P filler and close off the hole if you're weld savvy. It was silicone steel, much better than factory, and dirt cheap. "Spectra Premium" is one such major supplier. I found some adapters and pipe connections at the local part store. Project on hold.

Posted on: 2023/8/15 10:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
What year or era of El Camino?

Posted on: 2023/8/19 11:11
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Joe W. (Tinman_70) used a 53/4 Chevy tank on his 23 series. Some mods needed but looks to fit fairly well and still look decent.https://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2251&p=26787&hilit=chevy#p26623

He finally gave up trying to find a modern sender to work with the original gauges so went with modern gauges and speedo in a classic styling that fit in the original speedo and clock holes.

For those having 22-23 series where the bimetal type senders cannot be found and want to keep the original gauge look, some of the instrument places offer a service to retrofit modern gauge works in the old faces. Don't know how workable the original Flite-Glo luminescent lighting is with that option.

Posted on: 2023/8/19 11:32
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved