Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
225 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 223

Don B, Chuck McDonald, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Detroit Steel Artists - Winner of the 2023 Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot Award
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

muffler bearings
See User information
I'm absolutely thrilled to announce that my book, Detroit Steel Artists, has won the 2023 Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot Award from the Society of Automotive Historians! It's awarded to the book that best advances the understanding of the history of the automobile in the English language.

Having the book recognized with awards from the general publishing community and now with this prestigious award from the car community itself is more than I could have ever imagined. I thought I would share the great news!

Link to SAH announcement: autohistory.org
For more info about my book and how to order, please go to my website: detroitsteelartists.com

Posted on: 2023/9/3 3:02
 Top  Print   
Like (2)

Re: Detroit Steel Artists - Winner of the 2023 Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot Award
Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
Congratulations, and thank you for your contribution to preserving automotive history. So much disgusting bunk is spewed these days about automobiles and American industry in general.

The automobile and its variants, such as farm tractors, ambulances, and heavy equipment in all its variety, is among the greatest boons ever bestowed upon Mankind.

Posted on: 2023/9/3 8:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
Wonderful news - congratulations! I enjoyed your talk on your book at the PAC National Meet this year in California.

Posted on: 2023/9/3 14:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
It's been on my wish list for some time.
Glad to hear that.
I came across another "gem" book about the little known company that made the customs for P, et al "Creative Industries of Detroit." long defunct. Most of the fun is what you run into looking for what your looking for and don't find.

Posted on: 2023/9/3 20:53
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Fish'n Jim wrote:.....I came across another "gem" book about the little known company that made the customs for P, et al "Creative Industries of Detroit." long defunct.
Jim,

FYI, the Creative Industries book is authored by another Forum Member - Leeedy. I picked my copy at Hershey in 2018 at the SAH tent and Leeedy was kind enough to sign it for me

Posted on: 2023/9/3 22:10
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved