Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
205 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 205

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 11 »

Re: How old are you?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
PackardV8:

I want a Chevy Volt because I think its powertrain is going to be a game-changer. The expected range of this first generation is going to be exactly what I need for my daily commute and for errands. And any money that I don't have to send to the Middle East to be used for another indoor ski slope or mega-skyscraper, or to fund fascist dictators in Venezuela, is fine by me. They can take their oil and choke on it. Plus, the Volt is a really cool design (in my opinion) and has a sweet interior. And, I will admit that I like the idea of buying a leading product that was designed and built in the USA. The price is steeper than a Prius, but I believe that the Volt is a bit larger and should be eligible for some tax credits that will help bring the price more in-line.

Posted on: 2009/4/13 23:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Kevin,

I was going to the meetings at the Dearborn Youth Center. I purchased my 120 from another "youngster" named Greg who lived in Livonia I think. He turned me on to the club. I was working at the GM Tech Center at the time between school (Wayne State). There I met Gil and Sherry Rebar. Gil took me under his wings and really turned me on to the beauty and mystique of these fine automobiles.

If you still can't place me, I was probably the only 20 year old black college kid at the meetings and meets.

Mr Pushbutton: I hit the five-oh milestone in February also. Good to connect with other Motown guys.

Posted on: 2009/4/13 23:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mathew Rattray
See User information
Old or young? my Packard obsession began at the age of 16. I bought my first Packard a 34 Packard, my pride and joy. I always thought that I would own one Packard but last year at the age of 19 I purchased my second Packard a 1955 Caribbean and imported from the states. I am one of the youngest members in the Australian Packard Club but have had the greatest opportunity to spend time with older Packard club members and have learnt so much. There was a thread ages ago "packard and the younger generation" and from this found that there are also other Packard enthusiasts around my age group.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 7:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
24 and no Packard yet.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 8:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
41. I have been around a Packard since I was born. My father gave my mother a 34 coupe roadster for Xmas in 1962. He got the car for $2500 from a local pharmacist. When my mother died in 1991 I took over the car. In 2006 I bought a 1930 733 Sedan, and am currently doing a mechanical restoration. I also have a 1969 Toyota Landcruiser that was my grandfathers. He bought it new for cruising the AZ desert. My other cars have mostly been Dodge diesel pick-ups. I love that Cummins Turbo Diesel. My drivers are a Landrover LR2 and a Suzuki Bergman 650.

Tom

Posted on: 2009/4/14 11:54
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I had my 69th birthday in February. I grew up in a Packard dealership. My first car was a 1939 Packard 110 Sedan with a 1940 front clip. Later, for a very brief period of time I had a 1952 200 2-door sedan. Then life got in the way, and after a multi-decade hiatus, I now have two wonderful Packards: A 1937 Six Convertible Coupe and a 1947 Custom Super Clipper Touring Sedan. It's great to be back!

Posted on: 2009/4/14 17:46
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
I own three packards and 2 dodge 350s with the cummins turbo diesel engines.

I cant buy booze in the U.S.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 20:19
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
Desi--you and I know each other, we met at the dearborn rec center MCP meetings in 1981 or so, I'm John Lauter, I bought Joel ray and Dave Marold's 400. We chatted briefly at the PPG get-together last spring. Good to see you here, man.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 22:41
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

todd jordan rayner
See User information
i'm 30, first car was 68 mgb and it was all easy from that point on, owned too many to list drive an 08 trd tacoma now or one of my 7 beater shop trucks, usually the 93 beater deisel dully(got a thing for beater trucks) some of the most recently i have built have been
-38 packard v12 convertable coupe(current project)
-58 cadillac eldorado bairitz (current project)
-67 mustang fastback
-61 cadillac convertable
-55 chevy belair convertable
-67 rs/ss camaro
-69 olds cutlass
-57 chev belair
-58 impala
-69 ford torino fastback
-55 mercury sunvally(currently has 7 aaca first place trophys scored 397/400 first show.not bragging just proud.
-69 couger convertable
-31 chrysler coupe
-68 mercury montego mx
-66 buick electra conv

Posted on: 2009/4/15 0:26
metal shaper by trade and hobby
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

africapackard
See User information
I am 37 this year. My current projects:

1x 1950 Packard Standard 8 sedan
1x 1974 VW Jurgens Autovilla
1x 1963 VW Beetle
1x 1961 Chevrolet Apache 10

Posted on: 2009/4/15 2:06
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 11 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved