Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
215 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 215

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 10 »

Re: Upholstery Refresh
Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Quote:

Larry Reber wrote:
First, HAPY NEW YEAR to all !
My friend and I did the interior on my 37 115c and I did a series of posts about the project.

My life experiences had NO upholstery in it and Linda was an at home seamstress with no upholstery experience.

We decided that it was just pieces stitched together and if we could disassemble it and measure it than we could duplicate it.

In the postings I tried to cover the high points of the issues found.

Topic: "1937 115c touring, Upholstery"

Please check it out as a little pre new year relaxation.

Larry

Thanks for this! I will definitely check out your posts. Thankfully my seat covers are in good enough shape that I can use them for patterns as making patterns is a whole other skill set!

Posted on: 12/30 11:32
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry Reber
See User information
Not sure if you found a shipper but I've heard FASTENALL does a store to store transfer service.
One thing is I believe you need to pick up your items ASAP.

Posted on: 12/30 13:53
Larry Reber
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Quote:

Larry Reber wrote:
Not sure if you found a shipper but I've heard FASTENALL does a store to store transfer service.
One thing is I believe you need to pick up your items ASAP.

Shipper???

Posted on: 12/30 14:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

custo eight
See User information
As the earlier post, Fastenal (yes the fastening people) will do whats known as a third party delivery. Pretty reasonable and fairly easy to work with. I shipped a transmission for my 2126 from SC to IL. Have sent other items that were fairly cumbersome with no issues. Might give them a try.

Posted on: 1/1 17:04
Where principles are involved, be deaf to expediency. (Matthew Fontaine Maury 18th century oceanographer)
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Fastenal does shipping and are apparently reasonable but they won't cross some imaginary line (maybe the Mississippi) so the pick up and delivery must both be confined to one side or the other. I haven't looked back to see where the seat is coming from but it seems to me it was quite a ways over that line to the east while the delivery is in Portland, OR.

Posted on: 1/1 17:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
More progress on my practice seat cover. This is just draped over the backrest. When the sides are finished, and listing rods are in & secured, I think it'll be okay.
Click to see original Image in a new window

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 1/4 19:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
I think I'm done with my "practice" seat cover, which used to be a drop cloth. LOL

Now I wait for my fabric from SMS to arrive, which means this could end up being my seat cover for the next driving season, or longer. It's not like I don't have plenty of other projects to work on!

Attach file:

jpg  20240106_224555_resized.jpg (1,157.99 KB)
226104_659a4cc707d9a.jpg 2016X1512 px

jpg  20240106_224654_resized.jpg (987.57 KB)
226104_659a4d19ea433.jpg 1512X2016 px

jpg  20240106_224625_resized.jpg (937.47 KB)
226104_659a4d443c32c.jpg 1512X2016 px

jpg  20240106_224639_resized.jpg (868.74 KB)
226104_659a4d57e08aa.jpg 2016X1512 px

Posted on: 1/7 2:07
 Top  Print   
Love (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Congratulations. Very nicely done. What is your sewing machine?

Posted on: 1/7 7:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Looks great! It'll be a race to see who gets their material from SMS first. I ordered mine Dec 11th and supposedly it was in stock. We'll see.

I'm also curious about your sewing machine. I would love to try some upholstery but I'm pretty sure my little home machine isn't going to cut it.

Posted on: 1/7 10:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Quote:

Ross wrote:
Congratulations. Very nicely done. What is your sewing machine?

A compliment from Ross makes my day!

I picked up this Titan 650BL off FB Market Place. It had some issues after a screw had fallen out, so I got a good deal on it. It required some tinkering, but it's working well now.

If anyone is thinking about doing some upholstery work I highly recommend looking for a machine that has a walking foot and a servo motor. If you get a reasonable deal on a machine, you can use it, and then sell it again after. Or you could keep it, because you can never have too many tools.

This has been a pretty challenging project, right up there with replacing valve guides.

Attach file:

jpg  20231017_075757_resized_1.jpg (216.81 KB)
226104_659ac228b836a.jpg 1008X756 px

Posted on: 1/7 10:37
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 10 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved