Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
166 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 165

CartRich, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: What's your poison?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
The close proximity to canada has made me very fond of Labatt's Blue and Molsen Canadian, two beers I find hard to improve upon.
When it comes to cocktails (and it does from time to time)
I like (no, love) a Bourbon Manhattan, preferably made with Maker's Mark or Weller's, when available. At Christmas time I really like a drink called
"A Big Orange", basically a Manhattan where the Sweet Vermouth is substituted with Cointreau, the orange liqueur. Triple Sec and Grand Mariner make for poor substitutes, this is a quality drink, Angoursta bitters (2 drops) really finish it off well. It's tasty and gets you where you need to go fast.
Another drink I learned to like by following the career and life of Frank Sinatra is Jack and water on the rocks. You have to let it sit for about 5 minutes after it's mixed, let the ice melt a little, that's some good drinkin'

Posted on: 2009/4/20 22:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Here is mine. Followed closely by single malt scotch (Clipper47 selection is a personal favorite). Mr. PB, manhattans were my drink of choice throughout the 80's. I'll have to try the orange variation.

Attach file:

jpg  (5.10 KB)
769_49ed42331d60e.jpg 150X246 px

Posted on: 2009/4/20 22:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Depends on what I am in the mood for. Usually, it's a dirty vodka martini made with Tito's or Svedka.
For sipping, or with water, I like Makers Mark or Woodford Reserve Distiller's Select Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
In wines, I'm partial to the Merlot varietal, and really enjoy Vampire, Blackstone, and Ravenswood.
With a mess of boiled crawfish, it's Abita Turbodog!!!!
And, on the occasions when I feel the need for a nice scotch, I really like the Chivas Royal Salute.
Other than that, it's mostly home made sweet iced tea!!
John

Posted on: 2009/4/21 10:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
BOY! You guy's drink some fancy stuff, around here REAL men drink PBR!:

<object width="480" height="400" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="ordie_player_e6c42603c6"><param name="movie" value="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="key=e6c42603c6" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed width="480" height="400" flashvars="key=e6c42603c6" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" src="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" name="ordie_player_e6c42603c6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object><div style="text-align:left;font-size:x-small;margin-top:0;width:480px;"><a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/e6c42603c6" title="from sdelahoyde">Pabst Blue Ribbon "Teaching"</a> - watch more <a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/" title="on Funny or Die">funny videos</a></div>

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/126149/

Posted on: 2009/4/21 12:16
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
My problem with my favorite poison is that I love them all! But my preferences are manhattans in cooler weather, CC or VO and Noilly Pratt with Angustura. Hard to beat a gin and tonic on hot summer days, Gordons & Schweppes with lime. A little of The Macallan or Balvenie Double Wood for special occasions, and the better beers and ales are a staple, prefer dark & heavy.

Posted on: 2009/4/21 12:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Any variation of Crown Royal on the rocks. You don't go infecting superior whiskey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2009/4/21 13:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Here my choice in what I like to drink. I use to drink but haven't had a beer or whiskey in many years.

John F. Shireman

Attach file:

jpg  (10.85 KB)
105_49ee220534ceb.jpg 300X300 px

Posted on: 2009/4/21 14:44
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I normally abstain, but at Christmas I surround Jack on the rocks with my Godson and his Dad. It's a long way till the next Christmas.

Posted on: 2009/4/21 15:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
White Russians, Jack & Coke, Long Island Ice Teas & Gin & Tonic.

Beer: Labatts,Widmer Amber Ale, Terminator, Coronas & Bud.

The Pinot Noir of Yamhill County are very nice as well. Oh and 2 Buck Chuck at Trader Joes.

Attach file:

jpg  (52.74 KB)
633_49ee28bf57a78.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2009/4/21 15:12
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

todd jordan rayner
See User information
now days just vodka waters and lucky lagers, too old for the other stuff, one can only do so much acid and still function.

Posted on: 2009/4/23 0:42
metal shaper by trade and hobby
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved