Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
145 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 494 495 496 (497) 498 499 500 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
That 400 with the orchid cloth is not too far from me. Never seen that cloth pattern before, looks nice. Nice color combo and wire wheels are a bonus.

Two others near me that are interesting for different reasons.

1941 120 Business Coupe project. This one was posted here not long ago, but the guy has now dropped the price twice. Started at $17,500, now at $11,000 which is much more reasonable. Was a frame-off restoration that either stalled or the guy doing it is unable due to health. Lots of newly chromed parts, engine is apart and ready to reassemble. No interior that I can see in the pictures. But it looks like it's close to the point of primer and paint, then reassembly. This would be a super fun project. Tempting.

1953 Clipper Sportster. I remember this car being for sale a few years ago. The guy had re-chromed a bunch of stuff (bumper, grille, headlight rings, etc) and had reupholstered the seats and door cards (in incorrect cloth and color). But the floors were completely shot. This car popped up again a month or so ago in the middle of Oregon, and now it's up for sale again in the different city for only $500. Sounds like the guys that bought it realized it was worse than they thought. But I'm halfway tempted to get it, just so I can swap all the good chrome pieces for the crap that's on my car. Plus a spare engine (if it can be salvaged), transmission, and other spare parts. Heck, I might even see about repairing the floors, paint the body dark gray, the wheels red, new whitewalls, and put a glasspack on the exhaust.

Posted on: 3/11 20:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
Quote:

Ross wrote:
That last 400 in your list has the rare and stunning "Orchid cloth" and patent leather interior in fine condition. If I wasn't hip deep in putting my own 56 back together I'd just buy the thing.

Ross. I agree. Really liked this one myself. I think it is of one the better buys I have seen lately on Facebook Marketplace. Too many of the Packards I see on that site are either trashed or are really overpriced. If that 400 were closer, I might want to look at it myself. Never had a V-8 Packard.

Posted on: 3/11 20:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
Kevinpackard. I do like the Packard Sportster model, having once owned a '54. Think you should buy this car if you can get it that cheap. $500 is not much over scrap value. That '41 coupe does look like a good project. I saw the ad myself and posted a link in one of my earlier posts. Hope someone on this site is willing to tackle it.

Posted on: 3/11 20:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
The 1955 400 was originally an all-white "M" car.

Posted on: 3/11 21:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Quote:

Ross wrote:
That last 400 in your list has the rare and stunning "Orchid cloth" and patent leather interior in fine condition. If I wasn't hip deep in putting my own 56 back together I'd just buy the thing.

Not to tempt you, but there is one with the same interior, but pink/white exterior, as far as I know still for sale in the Pgh area. Though it has a 700R4 conversion, so maybe more up CarFreak's alley 😅

It's this onehttps://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=3776

Kevin/p6, need it be said that $500 IS scrap value? If that has new chrome (that matched a car I had) I would buy it in a heartbeat for the same reason Kevin stated.

Posted on: 3/12 2:01
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
Well, I will be picking up that '53 Sportster in the next few weeks. The guy made me an offer I can't refuse. I'll bring it back, evaluate and go from there. Likely just a parts car at this point so I'll strip what I need. Might talk to David Moe at Seattle Packards to see if he wants the rest of the car. If there's anything useful on it I would hate to see it go to the crusher.

Posted on: 3/12 11:42
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Does anyone know if the heater core on the 53 Speedster would work in my 55 Deluxe? Or if the cores themselves could be swapped? If so, and if it's not leaky, I might be interested.

Posted on: 3/12 18:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Shields
See User information
Probably not, according to the parts lists. Page 597 of the 1948-54 parts list shows the heater core part number as PA436017. Page 285 of the 1955-56 parts list shows the heater core part number as 6484619. There has to be some difference in the two cores. It does look like a heater core from any '55 or '56 model would fit your car. Both of these lists are accessible in the Literature Archive on this site.

Posted on: 3/12 23:42
Don Shields
1933 Eight Model 1002 Seven Passenger Sedan
1954 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
1951-54 heater cores have different inlet and outlet piping than 1955-56 and will not interchange

Posted on: 3/13 0:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Thanks guys 🙂🙂

Posted on: 3/13 6:34
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

« 1 ... 494 495 496 (497) 498 499 500 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved