Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
148 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 147

TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 25 »

Re: 1937 120 Conv. Sedan - Blanche
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
agree with Howard...most likely headlight relay to lower amperage going through headlight switch.

Posted on: 3/10 13:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
OK. Thanks, as always! I will need to be careful when removing the harness, and back-track to see where they lead me. When I was working with Dan on my lights, he thinks the front lights were replaced with the sealed beam.

Posted on: 3/10 13:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
So it was nice to get Blanche back into the garage after a short winter's nap! Thanks to the great winterization tips, and installation of a fully charged battery, she fired up on the first go!

Click to see original Image in a new window

I spent the day getting things prepped. I removed the hood, the old Firewall insulator, side kick boards, the heater, and the toe board. I managed to catch most of the anti-freeze when removing the heater. I then used about a full can of lubricant on the bolts underneath to prepare for the removal of the exhaust system and gas tank. Will need to do that a couple of times as they look pretty rusty.

I also began to survey the wiring, and behind the dash looks like a nest. Will look to remove the dashboard plates tomorrow to have a better look.

I also placed the Brake and Clutch Pedal Shank boots on now, so I do not forget when I go to put things back to together!

I took advantage of the winter, and ordered all the items I will replace this spring. Timing worked out nice, as they were some hefty lead times.

Going to tackle/replace:
1. Exhaust System
2. Gas Tank
3. Fuel Line
4. Wire Harness
5. Fire Wall Insulator and Side Kick-boards
6. Will probably look to tune up the heater too

Cheers!
Ben

Posted on: 3/16 18:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
Excellent! What a stunning car. She is going to be an elegant beauty gliding down the boulevard when you complete her renovations. I expect there will be some head scratching moments but the completion will be so worth it.
Have fun!
Bob J.

Posted on: 3/17 8:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
Another productive day. Removed old exhaust and gas tank removed. As I thought it took a couple cans of power blast on the bolts and a reciprocating saw on the exhaust. Gas tank tbolts just snapped when I tried to loosen. Had it held up with a jack and a cross beam supported by a 2 x 8.

Next I am going to give it a good under carriage cleaning then move to the wire harness.

Had to stop to grill some steaks and drink some home brews to celebrate St. Pattys day!!!

Cheers
Ben

Posted on: 3/17 16:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
Looking to start the wiring. Does the center panel in the sash come out? Or just the middle section where the Amp—gas-Temp etc. the clock and Speedo panels have screws at the top but the center panel does not look to be the same.

Thoughts appreciated!

Posted on: 3/18 13:31
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
All of the "wood grain" panels are removable.

The center panel is more tricky as some of the knobs, switches, etc have to be removed first. Here is a picture of when I took my 115 dash apart, which is essentially the same structure underneath. Those four gray t-nuts hold the gauges in. They have nuts on the backside.

Posted on: 3/18 13:55
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
Got it. Makes sense.
Thanks BK

Posted on: 3/18 14:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
Ok. After putting my body in positions I didn’t think I could. I am down to the light switch. What is the trick to remove this? There does not appear to be a bit on the back side as the hand throtle had. And I tried to turn the know to see if it spun off but that did not budge. Did not want to over torch.

I grabbed a picture of the back side.

Thoughts?

Posted on: 3/18 14:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

37Blanche
See User information
I found this previous thread working through the same question. Just not clear on the "Carefully Unscrew".....

Thread:
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=26452&order=ASC&status=&mode=0

Is the part circled in re the "nut" that would release the the knob, and then allow me to unhook the knob shaft to remove the knob?

After re-contorting my body, I tried to turn it, but it did not budge and I did not want to go at too hard, before I confirm it should loosen.

Posted on: 3/18 16:35
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 25 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved