Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
179 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 178

Guscha, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Brighter tail light bulbs
Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
For my dim tail/stop lights as I posted earlier I redid the grounds and also I ran a wire from the power side of the started solenoid to the brake switch along with an inline fuse. My lights are now nice and bright.

Posted on: 2009/8/15 5:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Quote:
if you look at the wiring schematic for the Packard there are numerous splices, connectors, circuit breaker, the Light Switch, flasher circuit, bulb base, etc. Add 60+ years of corrosion both to the actual wires, and the all the connection points and switch internals and also figure if you are running at night you also have more load through the switch due to the headlights, dashlights, etc. Now add the quality of the bulb socket ground to the mix.

Kev, that is exactly the point I was trying to make. Voltage drop is due to all the things you pointed out. Probably the biggest culprit being bad and/or corroded connections

Posted on: 2009/8/15 20:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
From the VI list:

" Want more light out of your taillight and are not happy with the piece if tin foil from the kitchen?
Find a old hard drive and pop the disc out of it (it's broken anyway). Use the lenses as a guide making the disc just drop into the lenses holder. This tough stuff so you will have to grind the excess off, about 5/32" around the O.D. and will need to cut a notch for the tab that stops the lenses from rotating. Care must be taken as it will scratch very easily but you have two sides before you got to find another. "

Why a hard drive disk tho???? Why not just use a CD ???

Posted on: 2009/8/22 21:05
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Cause a hard drive platter is highly polished and made of metal. As opposed to a cd/dvd that is made of plastic will a foil data layer.

Posted on: 2009/8/23 14:59
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved