Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
113 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 109

54packpac, humanpotatohybrid, DM37, Ian Sayer, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

Re: Ebay Morons
Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Just found this thread this afternoon.
Ditto, ditto, ditto ditto .. Me TOO on all the complaints, actions, attempts you have all made.

The filter suggestion is helpful. Thanks
I also use the 'picture' mode' rather than 'list' sometimes.
That way I can go through the 5 - 10 pages of "carpartswholesale" listings. I can still stop on items that look worthwhile. Filter sounds better.

The comments here are the most helpful response I have found so far.

DanL

Posted on: 2009/10/17 15:11
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
I'll bet you that discountbodyparts and carpartswholesale are the same seller. Why would anyone list their junk like these sellers??? Would think they would set it up as a store and not all those individual listings. Maybe it's someone trying to gum up the works.

Thanks for the info on filtering out unwanted sellers. It works out fine. Found that you can create a new saved search under your account and after selecting the search save it to your favorites list in your browser. Makes it easy to start the search.

Posted on: 2009/10/18 0:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Looks like the economy is better in Pennsylvania than it is anywhere else: 1956 Owner's Manual

Posted on: 2009/10/22 21:29
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
WOW if they really sold for that then I am sitting on a HUGE retirement nest-egg!

Posted on: 2009/10/22 22:16
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Ebay has now risen to Mega-moronity! Thanks to discountbodyparts and carpartswholesale.

There are over 4000 items that come up on my Packard Parts search. More than half are antennas from
discountbodyparts and carpartswholesale

Still have not got the filter working right. Need to retry Kevins directions again.

DanL

Posted on: 2009/11/1 22:32
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I know the feeling. These morons should not be allowed to plug up the Packard searches with junk like this. I have written to the sellers and ebay but the junk is still there. I can't seem to get the blocker to work either.

Posted on: 2009/11/1 22:45
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
When trying to filter out the crap, the minus '-' is your best friend.

So something like "Packard -antenna -hewlett -computer -printer -kelly -piano -shoes" as your search criteria. As you find new crap, just add another minus term.

Posted on: 2009/11/1 22:51
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I got a warning note that my criteria exceeded 100 characters.

Posted on: 2009/11/1 23:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Quote:
discountbodyparts and carpartswholesale

Quote:
Still have not got the filter working right. Need to retry Kevins directions again

I didn't have any luck with Kevins directions either. What I did is goto the page where you normally would enter a new search. Hit Advanced search to the right. Enter keyword Packard and category ebay Motors. I like to change the Sort By from Best Match to Time Ending Soonest. Scroll down to the bottom to the section for Sellers. Check Only Show Items from. From the drop down menu to the right of that change Include to Exclude. Then in the box provided enter the two sellers names separated by a space. Then press search at the bottom of the page. This should give you the normal Packard search without all the junk from those two sellers. The only problem is you have to do that every time you want to check ebay. To get around this save the page to your browsers Favorites list. Then you can call it back from there.

I found that ebay doesn't provide a way to edit a saved ebay search to do the same thing. I tried everything I could do to save a search that would exclude those two sellers. Couldn't do it.

Note: Searching within ebay motors filters out a lot of junk you don't want however there are Packard items that show up under Antiques and some under collectables That you would miss. I check those two catagories separetly from time to time. 99% of what we would be looking for is listed under ebay Motors.

Posted on: 2009/11/2 1:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Quote:
When trying to filter out the crap, the minus '-' is your best friend.

This seems to work out OK for excluding specific words from the search but does nothing to exclude a particular seller. If you are looking for an antenna for instance you would not want to exclude the word antenna from your search. In that case you would be stuck with the 2000 antennas from that jack ass seller so you could find the one antenna you are looking for.

Think the best way is to save the search to your browsers favorites list. For others who may not know how to do that I'll add the following, Once you have the ebay page displayed with the two seller's excluded Right Click on the page and select Add To Favorites then name it something like My Packard Search them hit Add.
The search will show up under your Browser's Favorites at the top of your screen.

Posted on: 2009/11/2 1:39
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved