Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
213 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 212

Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

New Packard Documentary
Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Looks like a nice quality 1 hour special. Information on ordering the video at the end of the video. I plan on getting it. From the sample provided, I think its worth having.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kk8bAeXxJ0o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kk8bAeXxJ0o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Posted on: 2009/12/15 23:10
 Top  Print   

Re: New Packard Documentary
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yeah, it's a nice program, it was available at the Packard Museum in Warren this past summer, $20 as I remember. I suspect the general non-Packard audience will never pick up on the few little "nits" here and there. It's worth having.

Posted on: 2009/12/15 23:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I bought a copy for myself and copies for my three brothers as Christmas presents. As O_D said, it is worth having. I recommend it too. An item for the Packard Bookshelf, why not?

Posted on: 2009/12/16 11:01
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Seems a interesting movie for 20$ where can I get one?

Posted on: 2009/12/16 11:06
Dreaming about a 1954 Packard Clipper
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Quote:

hardtop wrote:
Seems a interesting movie for 20$ where can I get one?

The ad in the November issue of the Cormorant News Bulletin reads:

"To order your 76 minute DVD, send $27.95 post paid to: R.K. Publishing - 621 Cascade Court - Golden, CO 80403-1581"

Posted on: 2009/12/16 11:15
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
I suspect the general non-Packard audience will never pick up on the few little "nits" here and there. It's worth having.

I agree, it looks like worth having. A little "nit" in the You Tube video has the commentator describing the Clark Gable Darrin as having a 288CID engine and not a 282 although maybe since the engine is painted gray it is a later 288 engine. Does anyone know?

Posted on: 2009/12/16 11:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Looks like this is going on my Christmas list.

Posted on: 2009/12/16 11:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
JW wrote:

Quote:
An item for the Packard Bookshelf, why not?

John, if you're suggesting that the subject DVD be added to this website's Packard Bookshelf, I would rather see the scope of that feature limited to actual books (printed matter).

However, I have often wondered if there were enough factory films and other treatments dedicated to the marque that are now available on video (not cameo appearances in theatrical films and TV shows) to merit a similar, yet separate reference here.

I'm not sure what to call it, though. Packard Videoshelf sounds a bit awkward to me.

Also, I'm not sure what data elements to include other than the obvious title, format, synopisis, etc. I don't think ISBN applies to videos, but it seems like Amazon always shows an ASIN for DVDs.

Due to family matters that require much of my attention right now, I am unable to take on any new projects at this time (though I'm still working the 48-50 Service Index content). Yet, if enough people think it's worthwhile, I'd love to see someone take the ball and run with this like I did with the Packard Bookshelf. I jump-started the Bookshelf with no less than 11 entries, but I was both surprised and pleased to see the collection grow to over three times that in relatively short order - thanks to the efforts of several members. New entires still continue to appear there, from time to time.

You don't need to start your video library with that many entries, but at least a couple of examples of each format to give others an idea how to pitch in with other titles. However, a problem may arise in that some titles (like the factory promotional films) may be available from multiple sources. While that material may be considered public domain now, the quality of videos sold by some vendors varies greatly. Some really leave a lot to be desired. While I'm not sure how best to work with that situation, I'd personally want to see the best possible example listed.

If this sounds like a feature worth pursuing, I kindly suggest starting another thread to discuss the matter in greater detail, rather than giving the appearance of hijacking this one.

Posted on: 2009/12/16 11:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Brian, thanks for your thoughtful and comprehensive post. At your suggestion, I started another discussion thread: Video Shelf. Let's see what develops with this. Thanks again.

Posted on: 2009/12/16 12:29
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved