Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
190 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 190

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Ever Find Something Interesting in Your Packard?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
My friend Gary found a set of keys in the taillight section of his MG when he had bodywork done. It seems that MG did that all the time.

Posted on: 2010/1/3 20:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
I found the remains of a rifle shell casing in the quarter panel of a car that I owned one time. A fellow and myself was welding a patch panel into the quarter panel when the shell exploded from the heat of the welding torch. Scared the Hell out of both of us.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2010/1/3 21:01
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   
Wow (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Most interesting thing I found was on the rear of the speedo were odometer readings with dates that were written when the speedo was serviced. Why the guy who did the last speedo restoration painted over that info, beats me. However I do have the data which suggests that indeed my 32 was a fairly low mileage car.

Posted on: 2010/1/5 17:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
When I purchased my 47 Custom Super Clipper. In the process of cleaning it, I took out the back seat. I was excited to find two manila envelopes there. I thought Great some original, or at least copies, literature.
It turned out to be original all right but not for the car. They were about 7 or 8 Sun Worshiper (nudist) magazines from the 50s, if I remember right. I guess the guy that had the car befor me didn't want his wife to know about them.

Posted on: 2010/1/6 0:52
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Duane Gunn
See User information
With my 55 Clipper I found a jack from the game of jacks, 2 cigarette lighters with a 5 digit phone number and the RCA logo on them and the best one was a black plastic ZORRO ring. Woo-hoo! I still have them.
With my 51 300 I found a newspaper from the 60s talking about Howard Hughes, kept it with the car and the new buyer.

Posted on: 2010/1/7 5:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
there was a dunkin donuts cup in the back of the police car! Along with the owners manual and torsion level pamphlet, there was a letter from a previous owner to one of the Packard clubs in the glovebox.

the 55 had a large torsion level ad poster in it which is now decorating my wall, and a BTV which is now in pieces.

Posted on: 2010/1/7 11:05
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
After I brought my 1941 Clipper home from Kentucky, I took out the back seat cushion to clean under it. I found a rusty screwdriver under seat. Clear-yellow-plastic insulated handle looking very USA made, about 1950s vintage.

Since the car had been stored for 20 years, I considered it as belonging to Jack Williams of Oklahoma who did the retirement-restoration project on the car in 1980-83.

I have buffed the tool up, re-chiseled the point, and considered it a present from 'Jack' who I never knew.
I use it on repairs that call for extra-psychic energy and ceremonial occasions, such as tours.

Just looking at it makes me smile and think, "Thanks Jack."
Here's how I said it on my owner registry entry:

Quote:
"Clipper Jack" -- I found this 1941 Clipper in Versailles, Kentucky in 2007. It is an older restoration from the early 1980s; a retirement-hobby project of a Packard lover who I never knew, named Jack Williams, from El Reno, Oklahoma. I am doing a rehab on the engine which has been silent for about 20 years since Jack's death. Other work will involve brake rebuild, front suspension, and drive train rehab. I plan to use it as a daily driver vehicle adding turn signals,lap belts, and radio rebuild. Drive train is now refurbished to operate at highway speeds. The upholstery is corded cloth on seats and smooth camel on door panels and headliner. I found a rusty screwdriver (presumably Jack's) under the back seat which I also rejuvenated and added to the tools I am using on the car. I am pleased to watch this puppy come back to life with each new upgrade. A 1941 Packard Clipper -- first of the Clippers.

DanL

Posted on: 2010/1/7 16:54
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Frank
See User information
I found a bottle of insulin in the trunk. See the picture next to exhaust deflector. I'm thinking one of the previous owners was a veterinarian or maybe he just took care of his own animals?

Attach file:

jpg  (141.39 KB)
1341_4cc465de9d873.jpg 1600X1066 px

Posted on: 2010/10/24 11:59
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Possibly for a vet but also possible the insulin was needed by the former owner.

Posted on: 2010/10/24 12:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Frank
See User information
Agreed - just did a google search on U-80 and learned more about diabetes - tks

Posted on: 2010/10/24 12:18
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved