Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
221 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 220

TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Ultramatic FAQ
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
John Deloren talked about working at Packard as an engineer on the development of the Ultramatic. I believe his work was with the oil circuits for the GS/TU, not the original unit.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2011/9/13 15:46
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
I heard that he (also??) worked on the aluminum case for the 56

Posted on: 2011/9/13 16:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BlackBeerd
See User information
I talked with my friend this morning and got some of my misinformation straightened out.

In 1970 he took an apprenticeship at Delta Dynamics Inc. in Suamico, WI. The man that owned the place was Carroll J. Lucia. They were making transmission dynamometers that used a Ford V4 for power. Their target market was trade schools. The company went out of business in April of 1972.

As Steve tells it, Carroll worked for both Packard and GM as an engineer on automatic transmissions. He didn't know what years, but the guy was in his early sixties when Steve work for him. At the time he also had a very nice Packard that he only drove occasionally. Steve couldn't tell me the year or model.

Here's a link to some patents he held.

http://patents.justia.com/inventor/CARROLLJLUCIA.html

Posted on: 2011/9/16 9:19
1954 Clipper Super Touring Sedan -5462
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved