Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
147 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 146

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Radio/MP3/AM-FM/Speakers etc in my Patrician?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
"Looks like its as easy to instal as of those old FM converters from back in the '70s,"

I have one of those in my 66 catalina. The audiovox is the best brand, and they go from 50-100 dollars or more now. Nothing sounds so great as music i want coming through the vintage am radio!

I have a redirad too for the packard, as i don't want to mount an fm converter in it (maybe i would, but i already bought the redirad 6v pos ground), and i hope it sounds as good as the cat! I know it will be even more vintage sounding considering that the packard is a tube radio. I highly recommend these solutions vs all the work of a new radio because the feel of the music still fits the car, if that makes sense.

If your speaker is old and brittle (they all are) then get it out, and find a vintage audio repair place to get the right speakers so you don't burn the radio up.

Finally, places like this below can put an FM unit inside your am, keeping your am completely factory, so that you can have the best of both worlds. Usually, you push the first station preset twice or something like that and a little red led that was hidden comes on and you know you're in fm mode.

http://dandmrestoration.com/radio-repair

Posted on: 2012/3/31 6:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
Also, these guys list some packard application dual voice cone speakers:

http://www.taymanelectrical.com/dvc.htm

Posted on: 2012/3/31 6:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
See pic in post #7 by Craig above on page 1.

Note that there are 2wo door jam lite switches????

Posted on: 2012/3/31 20:29
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Note that there are 2wo door jam lite switches????

Senior 55's and possibly very early 56 had two. One for the interior courtesy light and one for the side courtesy bulb that lights the ground when exiting the car. Those switches were replaced by a single switch having a dual set of contacts. 56s with the single switch have a filler plug in the extra hole.

Posted on: 2012/3/31 20:46
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
How about a CD player or MP# etc that is HAND HELD REMOTE control like a televiosn???? Mount it in the dash where OEM radio is and control it with the remote. Slot in dash will allow access to incert CD's. Otherwise, the rest of the controls can be inaccessable behind the dash. Control it with a HAND HELD remote control.

Posted on: 2012/3/31 20:48
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved