Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
114 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 113

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Umpteenth power window motor failure
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks. If you can think of any application with a more extended 9 tooth pinion, that would be a big plus. Like to explore more options if there are some. Hopefully more info will also come on the Jaguar possibility. A nice thing about Ford motors is they are plentiful and fairly inexpensive.

Since this is Craig's project and window that gave up, he might have some thoughts -- although I think the universal kit was the immediate choice. That might actually turn out easier.

To change just the motor as I see it, the Packard regulator has a riveted box like affair supporting the motor and enclosing the pinion so anything flush is going to require some work. The box on the regulators I have can be removed fairly easily to get the pinion closer so maybe not a big deal. Depends on whether all regulators are the same construction though.

Adapter plate to provide motor mounting holes looks simple using the empty rivet holes to attach to regulator. There is a space under the regulator body it might fit nicely. Issue could be it drops the motor body down an inch or so. Whether that would have clearance issues in the door is the question.

Attach file:

jpg  (39.68 KB)
209_501a8d2308718.jpg 585X640 px

Posted on: 2012/8/2 9:22
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Umpteenth power window motor failure
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

Craig wrote:
Autoloc got back to me today via email. They have a universal kit for "flat glass" power window conversion kit which the sales guy believes will work. The cost from various suppliers would be a little over $200 plus shipping for a PAIR; i.e., front L/R any or F/R on 4-door. If there is enough interest, a package deal can be negotiated.

Unless I hear more about the Jag motor, I'll adapt one of their kits, taking pix and writing up detailed instructions.

Craig

Just curious if there was any progress to report on your project.

Posted on: 2012/9/21 16:55
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved