Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
202 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 200

Don B, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: '56 Patrician...Just back
Home away from home
Home away from home

John McCall and Mitch Parker
See User information
I wanted to congratulate you on the beautiful interior you've just completed on your 56 Patrician. Since it is well documented that Packard would do most anything for a new car customer in its final years...your scheme looks most convincing and very "factory". I think it is great that you thought "out of the box" but still worked within factory guidelines with your choices. That's why it works so well.

As you can see from the photo below, I have a particular interest in what you have done since I plan to also replace
the original "mousey gray" interior on my 56 Maltese Gray/Dover White Patrician with a new scheme featuring Vermillion [orange], Charcoal Gray, and Off-White Leather [with a Vermillion perforated headliner by SMS]. I think the Packard Styling division would have approved my dealer's request!

Attach file:

jpg  (168.82 KB)
4212_50bd0ecd71e71.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2012/12/3 15:49
1956 Packard Caribbean Convertible
1956 Packard Patrician Touring Sedan
1938 Eight Touring Sedan
1949 Custom Eight Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Esquireman, that is a stunningly attractive Patrician you have. The colors really work well together. I notice your front bumper is canted upwards. I've seen this on many '55 and '56 Packards and Clippers. I was wondering why so many of these models have this, then got to thinking it may be from jacking the front of the car with a bumper jack. This was a common practice in the day. Should be easy enough to fix by bending or adjusting the brackets.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2012/12/3 16:49
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
There are ecentric bumper bracket bolts you can wrench on to help level out the bumper.

Posted on: 2012/12/3 17:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John McCall and Mitch Parker
See User information
The front bumper problem is from my good ole' country body and paint man. We plan to wrestle with the brackets and nuts to get the front aligned.

Posted on: 2012/12/4 7:12
1956 Packard Caribbean Convertible
1956 Packard Patrician Touring Sedan
1938 Eight Touring Sedan
1949 Custom Eight Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved