Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
225 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 225

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: mounting trunk on rack
Just popping in
Just popping in

scheffner
See User information
My 1937 formal sedan came with a trunk and I am not understanding how it should be mounted. Previous forum showed a mounting set up hinged at one side that allowed the trunk to be lifted out of the way to access the car trunk. Mine has strap type hinges on the bottom that look as though they should be bolted to the rack when folded down so that the trunk would tilt away from the back of the car to allow access to the car trunk. Seems as though there should be some other means of securing it, however, besides just the hinges. Anyone have insight or a similar set up ?

Posted on: 2013/3/8 11:02
 Top  Print   

Re: rosters
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
There is a 1937 accessories catalog here which can be downloaded. I believe it shows trunks and luggage carriers. You will be shocked at the prices being asked for these items.

(o{}o)

The catalog is only for the junior 120s and Sixes. Still may be of some help.

Posted on: 2013/3/8 11:32
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Re:trunk mounting
Just popping in
Just popping in

scheffner
See User information
Yes, the accessories catalog shows the trunk that lifts to one side. Mine is different, but I'm not sure it is original. It looks kind of rough - the car is in better condition. I know these are pricey to buy when you can find them. What price range have you seen ?

Posted on: 2013/3/8 11:52
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved