Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
224 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 221

TxGoat, David Timberlake, Ernie Vitucci, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

post war ebay Patrician out of storage and up for sale.
Home away from home
Home away from home

James Russell Packard III
See User information
you know somebody died and the heirs are selling this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1954-Packard-Patrician-touring-sedan-5-9L-/200894795594?item=200894795594&lgeo=1&ViewItem=&vectorid=229466&forcev4exp=true

an ebay Queen in Tennessee. looks good. dont know anything about the 359 though > ??? aluminum head??

Posted on: 2013/2/18 14:59
 Top  Print   

Re: post war ebay Patrician out of storage and up for sale.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
dont know anything about the 359 though > ??? aluminum head??

Nothing particularly unique about the 359 which was a bored (1/16th) and stroked 9-main bearing 327 using an aluminum head with a compression of 8.7 for 212 hp to just nudge out Cadillac in the hp race. It was a 1-year only engine, the 1954 Packard-branded cars (except the Cavalier) including the Panther Daytonas. The engine was as sound as any other Packard L-8 of the era and gave a pretty spirited performance but the head became a liability as the cars got older - stripped spark plug holes (in and of itself easily enough fixed) and cracks often thru the spark plug holes into the water jacket became somewhat common. Probably the majority of 359s are running 327 cast iron heads which presents some problems as it gives an even higher compression ratio which today's puke high test gasoline isn't quite up to the task for.

I drove a 54 Patrician as a nearly every day car back in the 70s and 80s, a really fine machine and easily most luxurious of the 51-54 Patricians.

Posted on: 2013/2/18 15:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Owen:
i must say i know why i love this sight. Maybe more so than any other gear-head type website. i ask a question in the Forum, and i get not only an prompt and informative answer, but a great History lesson as well.
thank you very much.

i still have my 200 hundred deluxe. my betty blue. but i am sad cause she got vandalised in Hollywood cause i drive her and park it on the street. hoodlums, bad humans. sad.

unfortunatly i can not afford to replace the windshield and glass tailights cause my disibility claim for my Veterans Benifits is on hold until they figure out the surgury schecule... bla blah.

i went out to the the Packard International swap meet( in Orange County CAlifornia) way too late. I met a couple guys, and saw some nice Packards. i think 1938 is my favorite. Then my 200 deluxe Betty Hobo clown Packard.

thanks you guys. Happy President's Day!

Posted on: 2013/2/18 20:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
This is identical to the last Packard my parents had in Hereford Texas. Sure wish I could bid on that one - someone is going to get a great car cheap!

Posted on: 2013/2/18 20:54
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

jesse
See User information
Looks like a good one for sure. It's a no reserve auction so I bet those bidders are just playing the waiting game and will strike at the end cause high bidder wins. I like auctions like this--seems more fair and fun to, I know at regular auctions the "no reserve" cars usually bring better $ because the bidders know they win if they're high bidder. Well, I'm not bidding but I'll watch to see what happens.

Posted on: 2013/2/18 22:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
This looks so tempting to bid on as it would complete my 'stable' of post-war green Packards (sans 57 & 58 models that I don't want) I wish I had the $ to bid.

Posted on: 2013/2/19 9:05
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

jesse
See User information
bhappy,

I'm not bidding on it but if I were I would go $10K. All the work alone probably is close to that, it will be fun to watch.

Posted on: 2013/2/19 10:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/pts/3623311478.html

this car is out in the valley. i saw it. glass is good . transmission case in the trunk. a four barrell laying around

Posted on: 2013/2/19 11:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
now this is a nice car:

sorry you guys i was just trolling the classifieds . wishing and window shopping

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/3605954279.html

Posted on: 2013/2/19 11:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Did you all see that show with the guy that bought the 52 green deluxe/Junior and tried to flip it..>??

ended up selling it for seven grand . was pathetic. made me mad

what was the show. ???? on cable.

Posted on: 2013/2/19 11:56
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved