Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
227 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 227

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Locking Gas Cap part number
Home away from home
Home away from home

steve828
See User information
Looking for a modern day, current production locking fuel cap for my 1954 Clipper Super two-door club sedan L8/327ci 165hp. Anyone know a current brand and part number for this part? The filler neck has the lip on the outside of the tube kind of like a radiator cap. Thanks again!

Posted on: 2013/3/18 22:10
 Top  Print   

Re: Locking Gas Cap part number
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Can't help on the part number but if no one comes thru or you can't find one locally, it looks like Dwight Heinmuller carries them.http://www.packardparts.org/products/packard-parts

Posted on: 2013/3/18 22:21
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I recently asked Dwight if he had a locking gas cap for my '55 Clipper. I believe the '54s and '55s are the same. He said he did not stock that cap. I ended up buying a non-locking cap. These caps are different from modern caps, as they have the locking tabs on the outside, like a radiator cap. Will not hurt to ask him, just in case they are different. Let us know if you find a vendor with these locking caps.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/3/19 10:27
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
JW, that's good information. If Dwight no longer carries the caps he really needs to update his website. As of this morning, he's still showing both regular and locking caps being available for many years.

Attach file:

jpg  (14.92 KB)
209_5148858c61cdc.jpg 416X223 px

Posted on: 2013/3/19 10:34
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

steve828
See User information
Thanks to all on the gas cap topic!

Posted on: 2013/3/19 14:17
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved