Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
207 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 207

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: forensic dentistry advice
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Most old Motors Manuals have grill ID photos. Here is one from the 20th edition which might answer your question.

Attach file:

jpg  (149.50 KB)
209_51d88055af085.jpg 1280X1079 px

Posted on: 2013/7/6 15:38
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

steve-52/200
See User information
wow thanks now I KNOW I HAVE A delux 200 !! I THOUGHT I JUST HAD A 200 ,I FEEL LIKE I GOT A RAISE I think my car is a hodge podge ,do you think a 327 wih hydrolic lifters would have been the stock or available engine for this car ,I had a thought it may have been a replacement engine
there are fron t bumper guards on you picture but my front bumper doesn't have holes for them ?? replacement bumper?

Posted on: 2013/7/11 22:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Steve -

Keep in mind that we've seen a lot of cars with parts transplanted from other years - whether that's due to some fast-n-loose collision repair or an owner who elected to personalize the car.

The first part of the vehicle (serial) number will help identify, with reasonable certainty, what model you have. Once you know the model number, you can plug it into this site's Model Info feature to get a summary of basic specifications, general information (though the text appears to have been truncated), and - last, but not least - links to some highly-recommended references from the site's extensive archive of factory literature and manuals, which can be downloaded for FREE.

Meanwhile, the 288 was base engine for the 25th Series (1952) 200 and 200 Deluxe, but the 327 engine with hydraulic lifters appears to have been available as optional equipment for those models.

Based on my review of three available Trade Letters, I had composed a table of optional equipment for a side-by-side comparison across the 25th Series model line-up:

1952 Build Sheet and Production Code Chart

You'll find that chart especially helpful if you're lucky enough to find the cryptic build code strip that was attached to each vehicle that went down the assembly line.

I can't help much with the front bumper guards; the parts book (Gr. 2.0050) shows them serviced for all 25th Series, but doesn't specify whether they were standard or optional. Perhaps others will chime in with more detailed info.

Posted on: 2013/7/12 9:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

steve-52/200
See User information
thank you !!

Posted on: 2013/7/14 20:59
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved