Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
218 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 216

William Grosz, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Floor Pan Source Question
Just popping in
Just popping in

lhall4717
See User information
Is there a source for Packard floor pans? I have a '47 Clipper than needs them.

Thanks

Posted on: 2008/7/19 8:55
 Top  Print   

Re: Floor Pan Source Question
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jay Faubion
See User information
There is an Ebay seller that apparently fabricates his own. I don't know if he's good or not, and have not bought from him in the past.

He currently is selling some '48 floor pans. You might want to contact him. The item number on Ebay right now is 150272497749.

Posted on: 2008/7/19 9:11
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Michael Miller
See User information
The name is classics2current.com If you are the first to send him(Michael) your floorboard(must include left and right)with pattern of the rusted out area, he may do the job for nothing, including shipping. Reason; he will stamp out hundreds and make money.
Hope this helps. Number is 734-718-1124. I THINK!!!

Posted on: 2008/7/19 22:37
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Dave Blandford
See User information
I just received my front right floor pan fromhttp://www.classic2currentfabrication.com , and it's a very nice fit, and a quality part - IMHO.

I have NO idea what would make you think that the guy would give you a freebie because you sent in a template and request one for free; but good luck !

Mine is a reasonable value for $50.

Thanks !

Best regards,

Dave Blandford

Posted on: 2008/7/30 19:51
1947 Clipper Touring Sedan
21st Series - 2182
4 door, 3 Speed w/Overdrive, 6 cylinder
with 33,000 original miles
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=277
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Classic2CurrentFabrication
See User information
This is Mike from Classic 2 Current Fabrication. Glad to hear that your floor pans worked out good. Our policy for sending us templets are that if a customer supplies us with one that we currently do not make, then we will make him/her a pair at no charge (just shipping back to them). We currently do not have any floor pans for the '47, but are always looking to add more to our inventory. You can contact us through our website: www.Classic2CurrentFabrication.com

Posted on: 2008/8/7 13:21
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Rear lower quarter panels (dogleg, wheel arch) would be a god-send! Those are badly needed for 51-56 models. I think all are pretty much the same (except for 1951), and the only other difference would be between the 2dr and 4dr models.

Posted on: 2008/8/7 14:52
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
You're in luck BigKev, because we do make the rear quarter panels for the packard 1951-56 4dr; and they're $114.99 a piece. Click on this link to view our items for the Packards:http://www.classic2currentfabrication.com/Packard.aspx
If you click on the 'Introduction' page of our site, you'll see how we fabricated that piece from the original.

Posted on: 2008/8/8 12:00
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Excellent! So the 2dr/4dr ones are different correct?

Does the panel completely replace the lower quaarter up to where it was flanged and spot welded to the upper qusrter?

Posted on: 2008/8/8 12:15
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
From what we have gathered (remember that we deal in almost every make/model so it's hard to know them all), the 2dr and 4dr rear quarters are different. The 2dr would be much longer than the 4dr. These cover pretty much the entire wheel arch and go all the way back to the rear of the car; and up to the mid-body line (about 2-4 inches above the wheel well). These would curve down and along the bottom of the car where that 'hump/bubble' would be at the start of the rear quarter directly behind the door (does not include the 'hump/bubble'). You'll notice from the pictures of the originals and of ours,that we've added a bit more steel on there to give the person more steel to work with so it's much easier installing these.

Posted on: 2008/8/8 12:21
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved