Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
101 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 97

Gary Kulp, John Sauser, TxGoat, Plugs1, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Chrome on 48 Victoria Super 8
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Dennis
See User information
I've had old cars before and have had chrome replated. Always shopped around, and looked for good quality and a good price. I am trying to purchase a 48 Victoria Super 8 and the chrome all needs to be redone. I need to have a rough idea what it would cost me to re-do the chrome on the car. mainly the bumpers, grill and external chrome, etc. A rough total would give me a etter bargaining chip for this potential purchase, and also let me know what I am getting into.

Thanks,
Dennis

Posted on: 2013/8/6 21:09
Resized Image
 Top  Print   

Re: Chrome on 48 Victoria Super 8
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
you could spend 5 to 10 thousand if you plan to do all chrome to show quality. bumpers to the dash parts.

Posted on: 2013/8/6 22:13

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
A couple of years ago-Hanlon in Richmond charged me $400 for a front bumper on 49 Packard. That was about half of what local vendors quoted in Nashville. You can call them and get quotes-wherever you go it is not cheap

Posted on: 2013/8/7 8:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
won't this be impacted by whether you wpuld prefer the painted center or chromed center bumper style? Both were used in the 22nd series

Posted on: 2013/8/7 8:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
I just had 90% of the chrome redone on my 23rd Series 4-door. The total bill came to about $7000. The biggest single item was the front bumper at $750. None of the chrome was badly pitted, rusty or dented when I took it in. The quality was the best you can get. It was all done in San Diego, not Mexico. This is almost unheard of in the Peoples Republic of California.

I suspect this is about as expensive as it gets. Chrome I had done by folks who send it to Mexico is about 2/3 that price but quality is not so good. Also there are many stories of "lost" or stolen parts.

I considered sending the chrome to another state, but the packing and shipping costs both ways adds a lot to the cost. The chrome off my Packard was a pickup truck load.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 9:44
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved