Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
152 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 150

RKS, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Brakes
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

1950 Packard
See User information
I have a 1950 Packard that I am rewiring and I have a question. Is there a brake switch? When the brake peddle is pushed down, how are the brake lights activated. Where is this switch in a 50 Packard? I want to get my brake lights working. Can anyone explain to me how this works?

Posted on: 2013/8/22 21:41
 Top  Print   

Re: Brakes
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There is a hydraulic switch at the end of the master cylinder where the lines connect. Once there is enough pressure the switch is closed. Should have two wires on it. On a 50 power is supplied from a circuit breaker on the back bottom of instrument cluster. After the brake switch wire goes to the turn signal switch, thru that switch and then to brake lights.

Posted on: 2013/8/22 21:50
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information

Your car has a conventional hydraulic switch that screws into the union screwed into the end of the master cylinder. It is the same place that the brake lines are attached. You should be able to find a replacement at a good auto parts store

Regards
John Harley

Posted on: 2013/8/22 21:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information

Your car has a conventional hydraulic switch that screws into the union screwed into the end of the master cylinder. It is the same place that the brake lines are attached. You should be able to find a replacement at a good auto parts store

Regards
John Harley

Posted on: 2013/8/22 21:53
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

1950 Packard
See User information
Thank you for the help.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 12:02
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If you have a NAPA near you, ask for SL-134, it's same as the OEM switch.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 12:48
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved