Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
130 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 129

HH56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

vacuum antenna-1947 Packard super clipper
Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
Anyone know size and thread type of the part of vacuum antenna that extends out of the fender? I have been to several local hardware shops so far no luck
thks

Posted on: 2013/9/17 12:29
 Top  Print   

Re: vacuum antenna-1947 Packard super clipper
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The one on my 47 which I believe to be an original item has the wide flat top shown in several of the photos in the post referenced below and thread size is 1-20. Not something you are going to find in a typical hardware store. There were some odd sizes used in various pieces back then. 21st series ign switch is another example. It has an odd 1-32 thread size bezel.

As mentioned and shown in this threadhttps://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=113326#forumpost113326 apparently Packard used more than one antenna vendor or changed the design slightly for different series. I don't know if the thread size stayed the same with those changes. If yours is more like the 22nd series antenna BDeB posted no idea on the size.

If it was dealer supplied and installed, possibly they were free to choose from different mfgs so that might throw in another variable.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 12:59
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Thread size on the 22nd Series antenna nut is 3/4-28

Posted on: 2013/9/17 13:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
Thanks-this thing looks like it is 3/4 with fine threads most likely 3/4-28. Now I at least have something to look for

thsnks

David

Posted on: 2013/9/17 15:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
Believe it or not the nut size .75-28-is used on a Ariens lawnmover. Ariens part number 08846900-it is not chrome-zinc chromate finish but it fits. Also not cheap~$17 but lot cheaper than making one.

That is one hurdle now to the next.

thks

Posted on: 2013/9/21 14:42
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved